1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Jerusalem?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by convicted1, Jul 12, 2008.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

What it has to do with is your SPIRITUALIZATION of New Jerusalem. The church is NOT NJ -- we are GOING TO NJ. We are sending ahead the materials to built our particular "mansion," period.

The church is no more New Jerusalem that Israel is the new Jerusalem of Isa 64. Both are LITERAL places.

You really are like the woman in the "Medical Alert" commercial aren't you? "Fallen and you can't get up!" :tear:

skypair

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Rev 3:12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name.

You overcome NOW, by the blood of Jesus.

1Jo 5:4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

1Jo 5:5Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Not yet to come, but when we are "born again".

BBob,

#62 Brother Bob, Jul 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2008
  3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I believe that the Kingdom of God is both now (in a believer's heart) and to come (heaven). To the extent that the New Jerusalem can be defined as the Kingdom of God then I would say that the New Jerusalem is both now and to come.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You nailed it.

BBob,

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

BaptistBeliever,

This statement was what I was hoping someone would bring out!! To what Bro Bob said: "DITTO"!!

Willis