1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Job?

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Salty, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was in Christian Radio for well over a decade. Due to a station going out of business, (out of state) I left radio.

I would love to get back into the field.

Well, today, at the bank, I just happened to run into Susanne - the secretary (from the station I formerly worked at. Well, they have not had a manager for about 3 years. The owner overseas some things, but his priority is on the other 3 stations he owns (Disney, Rock& Roll, and Country). However, he has not seen a need for a local manager. The station has lost several programs over the past couple years, and it takes a good manger on the ground to turn things around.
    I have been a general manager of two stations in the past. The first, I did bring it back to a profitable status. The second - I got there when it was too late - with way too much to do.

Susanne said she will talk to Sam about considering me to manage the station. This would be a great opportunity for me in many ways.

Note: Susanne knows the full story about the second station that went down the tube. She is aware I was not at fault for the demise.

Please be in prayer with me, :praying: as I seek this position.

Salty

PS - Please keep this request only in this forum - please don't post on face book, ect. I haven't mentioned this to Mrs Salty yet - don't want to get her hopes up - at least until something appears to fall into place. thanks :flower:

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Certainly you and this opportunity is in my prayers.

3. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Radio? You certainly have the face for it. :laugh:

Local radio is a tough gig. Praying for you and the Mrs.

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Yeah! That is what I like about watching TV and listening to the radio... they can't see me!
    Seriously, we will be praying that God will use your talent for Him!

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Prayers from Florida headed your way. :praying:

6. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

:praying: for you.