1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"New" Old Commentary on The Gospel of Mark

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am posting this here for all who might teach College or Seminary:

I am writing two academic papers (sermons) on Broadus's understanding of election for the Founders Conference Mid West that will meet next February in St. Louis.

In my research I ran across an "New" (reprint) of John A. Broadus's Commentary on Mark. It is just outstanding.

It was published in 1905 after his death. Many will know of his landmark work, American Commentary on Matthew.

This is of equal worth for all who would want to study Mark for preaching, teaching, or writing. Just as good today as 100 years ago.

Check it out!! :smilewinkgrin:

"That is all!"

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I first got Broadus on Matthew for a seminary class on the life of Christ, or some such class in college. I've used it many, many times since, including when I taught Synoptics down in Tokyo years ago. It's a wonderful resource, so I'm sure the Mark commentary would be too.