1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Orleans and Gulf Coast

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by bobbyd, Jan 6, 2006.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Even though i only live an hour west of New Orleans...i made my first trip there today since Hurricane Katrina.

It was VERY surreal as i drove down Elysian Fields to see houses with the spray paint tags from rescue workers and the water lines sometimes 7 feet up the wall.
    Cars and vans were still abandoned and rusted out after being submerged, most totally underwater as a result of Katrina.

I mentioned to my wife that it was like being in a 3rd world country, and then i remembered that when i was in Honduras and Zimbabwe that i never saw anything that bad.

My reason for mentioning this is that if you are interested in taking a mission trip this spring or summer, consider New Orleans or the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
    I plan on going to Biloxi in a couple of weeks to help out there, this will be my first time seeing that damage also.

If you are interested in helping out and not sure how, let me know and i can see what i can do...or ask someone else on here from Louisiana or Mississippi.

thanks for your time
    bdd

2. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

I am heading to New Orleans for a mission trip on January 7th through the 14th. Please be in prayer for me and our mission team.

3. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

There will be a lot to do there for some time. My sister-in-law lives in Slidell and she says some things look like they did right after the storm.

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

She is correct. Its just massive.

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

The last i heard is that NOBTS were taking 50 volunteers a week to help them with the campus clean up. So if you or anyone you know, maybe your church is interested in helping out somewhere you may want to give them a call to get details.