1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Orleans Police Loot a Wal-Mart ( Video)

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by carpro, Sep 5, 2005.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

3. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Hopefully, these are some of the police that ran off from the job, and they knew they would be needing some new clothes for interviews.

4. Gib

Gib Active Member

I wonder how else they bend and stretch the law.

5. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

I pray that ALL the bad ones were the ones that ran away. A person's metal can be tested when under severe stress. I am sure there are a lot of NO police that stayed on and did ALL they could do in a very horrific situation.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I'm doing my job", she says.

That must include setting a great example. :rolleyes:

7. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

I hope that they let us know what happened to those thieves in uniform.

8. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

I hope they will get fired. That will tell us the true nature of the government of NO. It seems that there are problems in the community which run deeper than a Natural Disaster. It seems that the Hurricane has just uncovered the rot of that city for all to see. No excuses for the police to help themselves to anything other than water and food. Did you notice how clean and neat their uniforms were, they do not appear to be in distress. Just calmly taking advantage of the situation. I work or wal-mart, I guess my yearly bonus will be smaller now. It seems that the hurricaine has just allowed a rampant disregard for society that was already present to be expressed. I hope we all reavaluate what and who we are.

9. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Well said, Bunyon!!!!! I am SO disgusted with how many of the people acted. Why does anyone need to steal guns and tvs??? I just hope that they catch them before they get placed in a new community. I would hate to see others suffer when doing an act of kindness.

10. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

You know, the worst thing is that the guns that were stolen from this wal-mart that the two cops were helping to loot, will probably be used to kill cops in the future.

11. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Did you notice this the commentator said this was the day after the hurricain. Surely no one was hungry or desperate that fast. And the store is empty, not just empty of food and water. This was oportunism plane and simple. And it takes alot of people to empty a Wal-mart super center in less than 24 hours.

12. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

What about the victims who were waiting for the help they needed. And these two yahoos are stroling around as if they were on a Sunday afternoon shopping trip.

13. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no justification for taking anything other than essential materials for survival (food, water, hygiene products, etc.).

For police to be engaged in such behavior is completely indefensible.

14. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Maybe it isn't what it looks like on the tape.

We don't know they were not told to do this by Walmart Execs or that the mayor had not made some arrangements for payment to be made at a later date.

If it is clear the place is going to be looted, taking the goods to a safe location may make sense.

Getting dry clothing or shoes for people who were covered in wet feces covered clothing may be related to saving a citizen.

You don't really KNOW that this was "pure theft".

15. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

He did look funny in pink ...

16. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

TexasSky,

Are you serious. I am sure if they had any justifiable reason, they would have stated it when the camera was on them. This is exacly what it looks like. And why aren't they out there helping people, isnt that the big complaint. Not enough help fast enough. Now we know why. The leadership of NO is the big failure here. Didn't you catch that when she was asked what she was doing she said she was looking for looters? What do you think. Looked like they were shopping for bargins to me.

17. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I agree it looks terrible, and I even concede it probably was as bad as it looks, but in America you are innocent until proven guilty, and for all we know she was taking those things for people who were in shelters.

However, that said, walking through a store with a basket full of things doesn't mean you are stealing the things. For all you know, she was pushing that basket back into a store room.

18. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Texasky,

You are right people are inocent until proven guilty. But we aren't the prosecutor, judge, or the jury, so we are allowed to give our opinions and even insist that the evedince is overwhelming for the sake of conversation and insight. [​IMG]

19. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

The evidence isn't overwhelming until both sides are heard.

20. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Both sides were heard. She said she was looking for looters. He said, "well if you are, I think I see one", looking at her partner. Then she trys to suggest that he may be a looter. I am sure the reporter had no intrest in misrepresnting what he personally witnessed. If we were a court of law, however, I would insist on due process, but we aren't.