1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Passages by Gail Sheehy

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Dr. Bob, Sep 15, 2001.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not Christian (in the least) but impacting me as I read it. Takes the traditional "passages" of life 1-18 youth, 18-30 learning, 30-65 working, 65-?? retirement and is putting them in a new paradigm for the "boomers".

Absolutely where I am at. Did you know that if you are in good health at age 50, a woman will probably live to be 87 and a man 82? WOW!

Very different than our parents and grand parents generations.

Concept is that around 50 you should shuffle off your "career" (having built some income, raised your family, paid for a house, etc) then go through middlescence and into a new era of MASTERY that will last from 55-70 or 75.

Fabulous book and can't wait to finish it. But already impacting my "middlescence". Thinking about buying a red mustang convertible and becoming an evangelist! :rolleyes:

2. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr. Bob Griffin:
    Thinking about buying a red mustang convertible and becoming an evangelist! :rolleyes:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That I'd like to see! :D :D :D