1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New poll shows risks to opponents of Obama’s economic stimulus plan

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

2. targus

targus New Member

I personally believe that a large majority (75%?) are against the pork spending in disguise as a stimulus bill.

I also think that the Democrats know that it is bad news and that is why they want at least a few Republicans on board as cover.

So that when things go from bad to worse they can point to those few Republicans and say it was a bi-partisan solution.

"Hey, don't blame us. The Republicans wanted to do it too."

The Democrats are taking a calculated risk - can they buy off enough votes from the lower end of the economic spectrum to avoid being put out of office on a massive scale when things really go bad with double digit inflation, unemployment, and interest rates as a result of all their money printing?

This is going to be Jimmy Carter on steroids.

Crabtown, I find it ironic that you have your little tag line about those who forget about the past... because that is where the Democrats are taking us... to a horrible and frightfull past... and you are cheerleading the whole way.