1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Pope: No Communion for Pro-Abortion Politicians

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...In his writings, Francis wrote, “we should commit ourselves to ‘eucharistic coherence,’ that is, we should be conscious that people cannot receive holy communion and at the same time act or speak against the commandments, in particular when abortions, euthanasia, and other serious crimes against life and family are facilitated. This responsibility applies particularly to legislators, governors, and health professionals.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/03/13/Francis-no-communion-abortion

2. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Regardless of our differences in doctrine. I commend my Baptist brothers and sisters for standing with us for the un-born. I am grateful our new pope has gone on record in regards to so-called 'Catholic' polititians that consistantly vote against what the Church teaches in regards to abortion and euthanasia and his belief that they should not be allowed to receive communion.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonder how he plans on reaching out to Joe (plugs & caps) Biden?

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know Colson tried that ECT stuff and D. James Kennedy R.C. Sproul and others stood against Colson and ECT failed. Me and God make a majority. If some RC wants to stand and fight now and then, they are welcome, but it is foolish to think that you can count on them because they go by custom and tradition, not Scripture, as others have pointed out here already today.

5. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An interesting read: "The Ways of Opus Dei". Are there 90,000+ Catholics who believe that all popes since Vatican II are anti-popes?

The world of contradictions--modern day popes and antipopes. Will the canon law experts ever sort through all of this confusion? Vatican II changed a lot of stuff. The Word of God does not change.

God is not the author of confusion.

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It would be justice, social and divine justice indeed, if the new Pope refused an audience with hypocrite Biden and the Americans who come as representatives of hypocrite Obama’s brutally anti-Life administration.

Obama had this to say about the election of Pope Francis, “As a champion of the poor and the most vulnerable among us, he carries forth the message of love and compassion that has inspired the world for more than two thousand years—that in each other we see the face of God.”

This from a man whose policies have created 8 million jobless Americans, 11,000 per day new food stamp applicants and who has voted for the extermination of the most helpless Americans, unborn babies, even third-trimester pre-born infants.

#6 Walter, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2013
  7. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Excommunicate him which prohibts him from communion. And add to his number Nancy Pelosi!

8. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Vatican II was a pastoral council and didn't change any teaching just administration. Like adding the Novus Ordo Mass. The liberal agenda and cabal of rebelious clergy used it to introduce practices never sanctioned by Vatican II. As for the 90,000 Catholics who think the Post Vatican II council Popes are anti-Popes you will find that they aren't really Catholic as in being in Full Communion with Rome (to be clear, I don't want to be insulting to Catholics who feel that way but they aren't in communion with Rome.)but an off shoot like the Society of Pope Pius the X like Mel Gibson. And there are other similar groups as these.

#8 Thinkingstuff, Mar 14, 2013
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would go a long long way to send a message...that is what he should do. We will see.

10. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What is ECT?

11. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    and Add California Governor Jerry Brown, and I guess John Kerry would have to be added to that list! In fact that would be interesting if that did happen. What would those politicians do?

#11 Thinkingstuff, Mar 14, 2013
  12. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Unless they receive official letters of excommunication, all the pro-abort politicos will continue to declare themselves “devout Catholics” until they’re blue in the face.

13. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gotta give ya a big AMEN on that post!! :thumbs:

14. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Given the choice, I'd bet 90% would choose remaining pro-abortion. Christians (general sense of the term) who are pro-choice have a lip-service religion.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the New pope refuses to meet with Kerry on grounds of his being an apostate & that he represents a Death Administration, that would be unheard of! :smilewinkgrin: Its called taking back the integrity of Christ on political backsliding. Could you imagine that?!?

16. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I pray for it. :thumbsup:

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Baptists and Catholics (as well as most other denominations) believe that abortion is wrong. This is only a chance event, not a belief based on common values.

Jesus Christ is the standard of all Truth, in fact, is Truth. When Pilate asked, what is truth, he was looking at Truth right in the eye. Now, to have the moral authority to tell a politician, or other famous person they are in fact wrong, and cannot take communion, that entity must reflect Truth, that being, Jesus Christ. Baptists and their ancestors, since Christ, have endeavored to preserve the New Testement Church, and preach the Gospel for what it is, the grace of God by faith in the death, burial, and Ressurection of Jesus Christ, where our hope lies. It is nothing more or nothing less. We have the moral authority of a New Testement Church.

The RCC has so perverted and warped Scripture with magic acts, myths, human traditions, ceremonies, hocus pocus, and regenerational nonsense, that there message is light years from the truth. There is no similance between the RCC and the NT church of the Bible. Therefore, the RCC has no moral authority to tell anyone how to live their life or relate to Scripture. There is nothing more meaningless than a Catholic official telling John Kerry that he cannot take communion because of his abortion stance. How can an apostate organization tell anyone a standard? Communion within the RCC has no substantive meaning, and neither does their stance on abortion. It is almost comical, the thought of a cardinal, bishop, Pope or whatever giving anyone direction on leading a Christ filled life.

Because Baptists and Catholics agree on abortion does not give the Catholic Church the moral authority to condemn abortion, only a true New Testement Church built on what Jesus Christ taught has the divine authority to do such.

So, if I were John Kerry (praise the Lord I am not), I would not give the RCC disagreement with my pro abortion stance a second thought, and as far as not being allowed to take communion, it would not upset me a lot to be denied participation in a meaningless ceremony. What would bother me as a Christian is the Holy Spirit in me telling me that abortion is murder, as the Bible says. It would bother me because my sins have been forgiven by Jesus Christs finished work on the cross, and from faith in Him, the difference between right and wrong become crystal clear. The decision is not made from some edict of a long dead church official in the RCC.

18. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Colson tried to start a movement called Evangelicals and Catholics Together (ECT). He go a lot of backlash.

I like Pope Benedict but he said shortly after becoming Pope that there was no Salvation outside the walls of the Catholic Church and he re-affirmed Dominus Iesus, which said that third-wave Protestant churches were not really churches at all.

As I said before, it is time for Catholicism to rescind Trent, which curses to hell anyone who believes that the just shall live by faith. The issues of the Reformation are still very much alive and unanswered by Rome.

19. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

and here was I thinking ECT was electro-convulsive therapy.:laugh:

20. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

According to one Joseph Ratzinger (haven't heard from him in the last 8 years or so...?) it doesn't - see the Augsburg Declaration of the Doctrine of Justification which he co-authored. That effectively rescinds that particular Trent anathema without actually saying so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.