1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New St. Andrews College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey gang:

I ran across this school in my research. It is TRACS (sp?) accredited I think? It has a "classical education" instead of the vocational approach. I would like some of your opinions on it. Check it out:

http://www.nsa.edu/index.html

FYI! Get back to me with what you think.

Continue to pray for Union University and Dr. Dockery in the aftermath!:praying:

2. mjohnson7

mjohnson7 Member

From what I've read (I have no firsthand experience), New Saint Andrews is a rigorous school who graduates some fine students. However, an increasing number of people are concerned with the school's founder and president Doug Wilson. Wilson is part of the Federal Vision crowd in Reformed Theology. Most orthodox Presbyterians reject the Federal Vision theology. For more info on it a simple Google will do the trick. Back to the original question.... the school seems sound.

3. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

I am surprised this school isn't more familiar to many of you. It has been featured on 60 Minutes, NY Times, Wall St. Journal and nearly every major media outlet.

They are sort of a split of Patrick Henry in Virginia. They have practically taken over their little town in the Rockies. It certainly is not my cup of tea but I'm sure there are some who would consider their classical education appealing.