1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New to the BB

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by queenbee, Feb 27, 2008.

1. queenbee

queenbee Member

Hi: my name is queenbee and I'm new to the BB. Have been enjoying the comments and responses very much. From beautiful BC, Canada. I'm an FMK (that's founding member's kid for those of you new to the terminology). Question: I'm interested in getting into the discipline of some serious bible study. I currently have the NASB '71, but frankly, having trouble w the thee's & thou's in this and other translations and awkwardness. A paraphrase makes for great novel reading, but it definitely is not suitable as serious study. Have been looking into the ISV, the Net, TMB, NLTse or even considering studying from original Hebrew/Greek. I want accuracy from the original languages, but at same time, would like readability. Are these dependable and accurate versions? Is there such a thing as a parallel Greek/Hebrew and modern day English bible?? Seem to be getting more confused the longer I do research. Any ideas/comments?

:wavey:

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Queenbee , and welcome to the BB .

I will not be answering all your questions , but will try to reply to the heart of the matter .

Get TNIV and a HCSB and study to your heart's content . You might even want to try the NLTse for reference . The NET Bible is very good . I consult it a lot on the internet but don't own a copy . FranklinM. does . You can ask him about it . The ISV is not complete yet . But you can secure copies of portions a this time .

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hello queenbee!

A great BIG welcome to the BB from the great state of Illinois!

Come on down to the COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE in "All Other Discussions", where as Christians, we are all on common ground...

It is a great place to kick back, relax, and get to know each other. And we have FREE food and beverages!

Why don't you post your question in the General Baptist Forum? I believe you'll get more responses there. This forum is just so everyone can welcome you and make you feel at home.

Blessings,
    §ue :)

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

RE: New to BB

Welcome aboard. I pray that you find what you need on here to make you studying better!!

5. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Welcome. Do what you want here; just don't take grammar lessons from convicted1!:D

6. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Welcome aboard!! :wavey:

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

welcome to the board

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Oops!! I did goof, didn't I? I meant to say YOUR studying better. I left the "r" off. My bad!! I guess they got the "jest" of what I was saying......I hope.:tonofbricks:

Willis

9. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the board!

10. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board.

11. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board, Queenbee.

12. BaptistBarb

BaptistBarb New Member