1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Wine is better then the Old

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Benoni, Jul 5, 2010.

1. targus

targus New Member

From your proclaimations about yourself - I suspect you have a bit of a pope complex going on of your own.

2. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

You surely have not been reading my post and have no idea what I believe. We all died in Adam, we will all “be made alive” in Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:22-24

22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
    23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

(order) Gk Strong’s NT:5001 tagma (tag'-mah); from NT:5021; something orderly in arrangement (a troop), i.e. (figuratively) a series or succession:
    If God does not call you, you cannot come.

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in His own order; Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at His coming." (I Cor. 15:22-23). There is no doubt concerning the totality of salvation for every man-- whatever was affected by death through Adam, shall be MADE ALIVE THROUGH CHRIST. The triumph of Christ is far greater than the sin of Adam. But the point that is before us is that of TIMING-- with "every man in his own order." There is DIVINE ORDER in this NEW CREATION that is being brought forth, as God gathers one by one a people unto Himself. From Calvary until this present time, God has been working in what is rightly termed "HIS FIRSTFRUITS." We who are living at the ending of this age (web ed. note: which still could be a long ways away) are still being drawn into this "firstfruits order." But never forget, the firstfruits of a harvest are the PROMISE that all the rest of the harvest will follow in its time. (Ray Prinzing)

"For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and TO ALL THAT ARE AFAR OFF, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." (Acts 2:39).

I have already debated the issue of everlasting, forever and ever and eternal on the other thread; in short all of us will have the life of the ages which is pretty much the same understanding. You see God deals with men in ages for man is not an eternal being for man had a beginning.

Your whole thought here is based on assumption and not God's Word. You assume the lost ca hear wha God's Word is saying. HOGWASH.....

How am I twisting scripture? Do the lost read the Bible; on the contrary. Here is what God’s Word says about the lost.

1 Corinthians 2:13-15 (Amp) 13And we are setting these truths forth in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the [Holy] Spirit, combining and interpreting spiritual truths with spiritual language [to those who possess the Holy Spirit].
    14But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated.
    15But the spiritual man tries all things [he [a]examines, investigates, inquires into, questions, and discerns all things], yet is himself to be put on trial and judged by no one [he can read the meaning of everything, but no one can properly discern or appraise or get an insight into him].

1 Corinthians 2:13-15 (HCSB) We also speak these things, not in words (A) taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual things to spiritual people. [a] 14 But the natural man does not welcome what comes from God's Spirit, because it is foolishness to him; he is not able to know it since it is evaluated spiritually. 15 The spiritual person, however, can evaluate [c] everything, yet he himself cannot be evaluated [d] by anyone.

1 Corinthians 2:13-15 (WYC) 13 Which things we speak also, not in wise words of man's wisdom, but in the doctrine of the Spirit, and make a likeness of spiritual things to ghostly men. [The which things we speak, not in taught words of man's wisdom, but in doctrine of the Spirit, comparisoning spiritual things to ghostly men.]
    14 For a beastly man perceiveth not those things that be of the Spirit of God; for it is folly to him, and he may not understand, for it is examined ghostly [for it is examined, or assayed, ghostly].
    15 But a spiritual man deemeth all things, and he is deemed of no man.

Now you explain me how the lost can read the Bible and Jesus was speaking to them when they do not have spiritual ears to hear/

3. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

Who is Robert Snow? Is Robert Snow a man?

4. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

A Pope is a religious leader; I have no religion nor do I try to have a religious following. There is only one pastor and that is Jesus. Who do you follow?

5. targus

targus New Member

Robert Snow is the person that you accused of putting God in a box for his whole life.

You are aware that you are interacting with several different people here - are you not?

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Well, you are very much Calvinist and believe Total Depravity. But the scriptures are full of examples of lost persons who could clearly hear God.

Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
    9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
    10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
    11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
    12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
    13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Were Adam and Eve lost after they sinned? YES. But could they hear God and understand God when he called them? YES.

So again, scripture shows your doctrine false.

7. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

God's Word accused men of being conformed to broken cisterns; I just graciously pointed it out. What is your walk like? Do you fit God in some religious creed dogma or are you open to the new wine of revelation?

See I believe God is control of all thing s so if you are no longer seek truth then you are limited truth.

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Good. Go join His message board, and leave us out of your heretical ramblings.

9. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

These awesome verses are so packed with spiritual revelation. I also put the Book of Genesis as the second most spiritual book in the Bible for it is packed with hidden mysteries.

Again Adam was a son of God and lived to be over 930 years old, and for that reason alone we can see Adam was not the same as us. Yes he fell; but that to was God's plan not Adam's choice. The shekinah glory of God was very much present with the early men of the Bible or they would of never lived so long. It is true we know so little of these early men; but they were far closer to God then we. As time progressed that glory depart to where men lived the few short years we do.

I do not believe Adam could hear God; you have no idea what I believe you are just grasping for straws.

Adam was created by God on the sixth day; but on the seventh day God lowered Adam by forming him from the dust of the earth and made him a living soul.

When Adam fell from God’s grace in The Garden of Eden; He fell from a place of grace and became as a beast or flesh (same as the Beast or it’s mark in Book of Revelations). Adam was a son of God; just like Jesus who is the second Adam; but he was a son of God, just like us. Difference between Adam and us is the glory present with Adam and it slowly left. Now we must seek his glory. Do you know what the glory of God is?

I might add, the word breath or cool; same word as in Genesis 3:8 according to Strong’s

OT:7307: ruwach (roo'-akh); from OT:7306; wind; by resemblance breath, i.e. a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; figuratively, life, anger, unsubstantiality; by extension, a region of the sky; by resemblance spirit, but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions):

Genesis 3: 8And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool (or spirit of the day)of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

10. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

I like it here. If you do not like what I say use your sword (God's Word); instead of your flesh.

11. targus

targus New Member

Could you cite the relevant verses to support this understanding on your part?

My Bible says that God rested on the seventh day - not that He created Adam a second time.

12. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

Check out the context of Genesis.

No Adam was not created a second time he was formed on the seventh day. How can you have the same occurrence when you have two different days and two different manifestations formed and created? He was created on the sixth day. On the sixth day God created him in his image and likeness. On the seventh day yes God rested. Does that mean God feel a sleep. Do you truly know what God's rest is but Adam was formed on the seventh day?

Gen 1:26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Now man has limited dominion over the creatures god created; but not like Adam who named the animals: Adam was able to give each animal its nature, power, authority; He probably even talked with them and walked with them. This is not said but both the animals and Adam had not fallen yet. Who knows just speculating?

Roman’s 8:20 declares all creation; not just man was subjected to the curse.

Romans 8:20 (NLT) Against its will, all creation was subjected to God’s curse. But with eager hope, 21 the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God’s children in glorious freedom from death and decay.

Sixth day

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
    Then we get to the next chapter and who how short or long this period is:

Seventh Day: CONTEXT not bias opinion.

Genesis 2: 1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
    2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
    Notice this is a totally new day, seventh day.

Gen. 2:7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    Now God planted a Garden on the seventh day; where did Adam live before?
    8And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

You would have to be completely oblivious to the Word of God to believe Adam could not hear God, they held a conversation with each other that is recorded in scripture. Eve, who was also lost in sin at the time also held a recorded conversation with God.

And of course I do not know everything you believe, but I know what you revealed by your own statement. The funny thing, your own statement shows you hypocritcal in assuming you know what I believe. Look at your statement.

First, you assume that you know what I believe. Next, you say the lost cannot hear what God is saying, to which I provided direct proof from scripture that you are in error.

And you are in error.

14. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Based on your posts, you have a 'set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe', so you do, in fact 'have a religion'. You contradict yourself quite a bit.

15. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

"quite a bit" is a tremendous understatement. I have never read a person who distorts the word of God so badly. The distortion is so profuse where in the world does one even begin to correct it? If others interpreted scripture the way this person does you could believe anything you wanted to believe. I am staying out of this one because it can lead no where good.

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

God did nothing but rest on the seventh day. Where you get your Bible ideas, I have no clue but it's certainly not from Scripture. The heresies you are promoting are quite concerning. Can you give us your testimony?

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree. It sounds so cultish to me - things that are totally against Scripture and knowing that there are no men of God who have ever believe these things give me pause. Thousands believe as he does? How about billions have believed the Bible and have believed on Jesus Christ for their salvation? That's quite a difference.

18. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

No you are in error. The lost cannot hear God; they are are dead in trustpasses and sin. Can a dead man hear?

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

According to you yes. You are a universalist. All will be saved. No one will be lost. If that be true then it must also be true that all will hear God. Please explain your contradictory position.

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Did Adam respond to God's question? Note Genesis 3:10.