1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New York has spoken. I'm sad to say.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by annsni, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I am sure that Bonnie and Clyde were nice people. In fact, I supposed many of his close friends, including Eva Braun thought Hitler was nice.

So much for that excuse.

I fully agree. If you call a dog a cat, it is still a dog. Homosexuality is a sin and should be dwelt with as such. (and yes, so should opposite gender adultery)
    I will agree that we should have Gods love as we approach this, as our main goal is to reach them with the Gospel, and then the Holy Spirit will convict them. We should never desert this opportunity. God gave Abraham time - until he could not find 5 righteous. We are not at that point. If anything, this should get Christians mobilized. Yes, political action is important - but Salvation and Holy living in this fallen world should be our number one priority.

On Nov 17, 1968 the Jets were playing the Oakland Raiders. The Jets make a field goal and took a lead of 32-29 with only 65 seconds left. It would have been so easy for the Raiders to give up. :tonofbricks: Good thing they did not give up, the Raiders scored two touchdowns in those 65 seconds and won by a final score of 43-32.:thumbs:
    This is the attitude and determination we must have. May our prayer time increase :praying:
    Remember what Winston Church said:

#21 Salty, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2011
  2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

It's going to get worse, and our country will become saturated with grotesque immorality. I won't even look at fox or cnn or any of it today, as the front pages are filled with pictures of celebrating Sodomites.

Yes, the Heidi game. They went to this movie at the end of the game, supposing it over, and my beloved Oakland Raiders won. Of course, I was only 3 at that time. I've been an Oakland Raiders fan all of my life. They were a very good team for a long time. I think they are getting back on track. For the record, I'd take a look at Terrelle Pryor, being a Buckeye fan.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you need to teach that to your kids & grandkids. People are too permissive with their children. If little Joey is showing you effeminate traits, spend more time with the kid. Make sure he isnt confused about his sexuality & let him know the differences between true masculinity & femininity. Gee I guess I'm blessed with my son early on being masculine but for a time he was taken care of by a woman who's son showed all the signs of being effeminate. Eventually my wife made the commitment to stay home & take care of my son who turned out OK, but the other kid is a roaring homo & his parents were very permissive so Im assuming they never spent the time with him to straighten him out. Sad cause he is a good kid.

4. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what is legal in New York is by nature acceptable in the other states by reciprocal laws. For example, a hetero couple married in NY is viewed as married if they move to Florida.

It will be the same for homosexual "marriages". It is now coming to every state, if it is allowed to stand in the courts.

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Other states do not have to recognize this.

But I am sure eventually more and more will. It's just not "automatic" yet.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right :thumbs:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Problem is....they might like that! Ugg

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And thats exactaly what the extreme liberals want to do, go home an pout and assume that the game is lost - NO! It is not - we still have 65 seconds on the clock - and thats is Gods Clock we are going by. Just never forget what Churchill said! Even if we only lead one homsexual to a saving knowlege of Jesus Christ who then allows the Holy Spirit to work in his life. And there are a lot of us "only one" and when we have God on our side, we will see victory.
    Who is on the Lords Side

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm going there tomorrow!! Right into Saratoga Springs and then onto Corinth in the Adirondacks for camp. :) I LOVE it there!!

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Amen Salty. Amen.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann, you wont believe what town is only 34 miles from Corinth!

Should I mention the zip code is 30666

#31 Salty, Jun 25, 2011
  12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh SHUT UP Salty!! SHUTTER!!!! We're in a nice happy little place in the middle of nowhere in a camp where everyone is a believer. It's a nice haven - FAR away from there. LOL!!

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Breathe in some fresh air for me! There is a little town up there I used to like called Glens Falls (Saratoga is too touristy) but my wife loves horses and everything to do with them, so Id take her up there to see the races. Glens Falls (used to be/havent been there in a while) one of those old fashioned Upstate NY towns (Like Seneca Falls in its a Wonderful Life) small & quaint.

Im thinking of going up to there for some ski time & Snowmobiling around Christmas & then driving to Montreal for New Years.:thumbs:

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh in July....Coopertown (esp for those who like Baseball) & Otsego Lake & if you like Farmers Fairs, isnt the NY State Fair in July....maybe September? Maybe you know Salty. I love Upstate NY in the summer & fall. Too bad, you guys should break away from down state & form your own thing....you got so much to offer that isnt Manhattan & LI.

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The old e-mail is fine. It seems that for some reason, I'm not able to send out on our regular server so everything has to go out through gmail. That happened when Lauren was in the hospital and we just haven't fixed it. I'm going to have my husband fix it today as well as set up my iPad to get my e-mail. :) So if you sent to ann at my old church name dot com, that's fine. :)

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Glens Falls is pretty close to where I'm going - maybe about 20 miles??

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great country....I read not too long ago, maybe Money Magazine, that Glen's Falls is one of the best places to live, probably from a quality of life perspective. You just need to like snow!

18. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My hubby just read off a list of countries that have legalized homos*xu@l marrriage. I give the USA about 10 years before our whole country is forced to recognize it, and 20 years before speaking against it or refusing to accomodate it (in churches or private businesses) becomes illegal as well. Just my opinion, but I truly believe it will happen.

19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The NY State Fair runs for 12 days and always begins on a Thursday and ends on Labor Day -
    this year opening day will be 25 August.

Okay, now lets get back to the OP -New York has spoken. I'm sad to say.
    How soon will it be that NY will require ministers to perform so-called marriages. And a public official, such as a judge may not have the "religious" exception that minister currently have.

#39 Salty, Jun 25, 2011
  20. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I will never go to Cooperstown until Pete Rose is enshrined there. And I'm as big of a baseball nut as there is on BB.