1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New youth facility...I'm pumped!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by rbell, Aug 2, 2008.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Last night, we had our grand opening of "the Harbor"--our new student ministry room. We built a new fellowship hall, and thus got to gut and completely renovate the old fellowship hall. We had $17,000 to spend (this money was included in our building plan with our new construction)...and we managed to do it for less! Of course, most of this was volunteer labor. But it looks like we spend $40-50K in there. I can't wait to see how God uses this tool for our kids to reach out to their friends.

I'll post some photos when I get a chance. I can't believe how well it turned out.

Most of all, I'm so proud of our church and how they worked together. We had a team of students put together the theme and main color scheme. Several men did the labor-intensive work (ripping the ceiling, wiring & hanging the lights, building the stage, etc.); finally...we had many people who don't have children or grandchildren in the group...yet they came and donated of their time and expertise. I'm proud of our gang!

If you're in the Montgomery, AL area anytime, let me know, and I'll give you a tour of the place.

RBell

2. Joe

Joe New Member

Sounds great :) If possible, it would be neat to see before and after photos

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That's so awesome! We did our church expansion the same way - with little money (well, much more money than you had) and lots of church labor. It's so cool to look at the place and see the hands and hearts that went into it.

May God richly bless the Harbor and use it to further His kingdom. :)

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

woohooo!!!!

5. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Congratulations!! I think it is so important to have a place where the students can go study, worship and just hang. Thankfully, you were able to use your old fellowship hall which kept the costs down too.

6. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Congratulations!! I think it is so important to have a place where the students can go study, worship and just hang. Thankfully, you were able to use your old fellowship hall which kept the costs down too.