1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

News: Baptism of Homosexuals in the Baptist Church

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Angie Miller, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Angie Miller

Angie Miller New Member

Homosexuality is WRONG and there are no 2 ways around that fact. I guess the real truth is, only God knows what is in their hearts and if they are Baptized, which is an act of obedience, and their hearts are not pure and they do not repent well then God knows if they are saved or not. I would pray they feel very convicted and stop living that lifestyle.
    Love in Christ, Angie [​IMG]

2. Haruo

Haruo New Member

I should clarify that I did not mean that I was not surprised an SBC church would baptize homosexuals, but that I was not surprised an SBC-affiliated local association would use such a baptism as grounds to exclude such a church.

I received a PM in which the writer took my statement the other way and found it confusing.

Haruo

[ May 05, 2003, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Haruo ]

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Once again, we seem to have a hard time differentiating the difference between a homosexual/heterosexual and homo/heterosexual activity.

I know some homosexual men who are celibate. I also know several heterosexual men who have "experimented". Of those two classes, which is a more appropriate example??

4. Haruo

Haruo New Member

Joshua:

Are you saying, then, that God made them homosexual? We are made in God's image and He is not homosexual!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Sue, God is not heterosexual either. In God there is neither male nor female. Or as the song says, "Our God is not woman, our God is not a man / Our God is both and neither, our God is I WHO AM."

Check your garment labels is all I can say.

Haruo

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Closing Time, M'Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, Closing Time"