1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

News from Georgia

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by North Carolina Tentmaker, Oct 9, 2010.

1. North Carolina Tentmaker

Breaking news from Athens Georgia:

University of Georgia football practice was suspended briefly Thursday when an unidentified white powder was discovered on the practice field. A GBI crime scene team was dispatched from Atlanta but practice resumed before they arrived.

A member of the uga staff, who asked not to be identified so he can find a job next season, was quoted saying, “We’re still not exactly sure what the components of the powder was, but once we figured out that it marked the goal line we thought it safe to resume practice as the risk of our players coming in contact with it is next to zero.”

When asked if this distraction would hurt the bulldogs chances against rival Tennessee this Saturday the staff member made a rude comment that seemed to reference “taken a licken” and the South Carolina mascot, but it cannot be repeated here.

2. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Well they didn't seem to have trouble finding the goaline today:mad:

I'm glad my vols have a week off before they face bamer, I don't think I could take disappointment three weeks in a row

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

At least the good news is Bammer is getting hammered. I'll gladly take a Bulldog Beatdown if it means the evil empire - our archrival - gets thumped too :)

4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Tom for you and the Vol fans, Ga. picked a bad time to find out how to cross the gold line.

My Gators didn't do well yesterday. I still think their defence is weak and they don't know how to run a passing offense. But it is rather easy to be an unhappy fan. We know everything and those million plus dollar coaches don't know anything. Woe is me.

I though Herbstreit on game day was crazy picking the Gamecocks over the Tide.

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Go Dawgs!!!!!!

I'm one of those strange Auburn fans who pulls for the Dawgs unless they are playing Auburn. My dad is a Georgia grad so I grew up barking. In fact, the very first college football game I went to was in 80' or 81' when Georgia played Auburn on The Plains. At that time I was pulling for Georgia. The lambskin on my wall has altered my allegiances. Anyway, Auburn played a great game but Hershel Walker proved to be too much for them in the end.

6. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

If I recall correctly Vince Dooley is a graduate of Auburn and is from Mobile or that part of the state.

7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Yes, he is an Auburn grad and Pat Dye is a Georgia grad. Go figure!