1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

News: Kodak Fires Employee Over 'Coming Out' Memo

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by informer, Oct 22, 2002.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

2. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

http://messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7077616&tid=ek&sid=7077616&mid=13324

3. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

http://messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7077616&tid=ek&sid=7077616&mid=13325

4. tiggertoddy

tiggertoddy New Member

Way to go for someone who stands up for decency in the workplace. Homosexuality is WRONG, and, to those who have been brainwashed by GLAD, homosexuality is a choice. The man who was fired made the right stand, and more blessings to him for standing up for morality. He may have been fired, but, i believe he pleased the Lord in making the statement he did.

As far as tolerance for "different" view: I don't tolerate grandstanding of homosexuality, as one of the mans former co-workers did, any more than I tolerate bratty little snots who usurp parental authority because they think it's cool. I don't tolerate rape, child molesting, drugs, or booze..Am I a bigot because I do this? I am never politically correct, and don't ever care to be. Sin is sin, and the fired guy made sure that people knew that. I applaud him, but shake my head in disgust to those who believe that homosexuality, to ANY degree, isn't a sin. Homosexuality goes against God's plan. Any deviation from that plan is a sin. I don't feel sorry for those that grandstand their sick lifestyles in public. those that do, should put their lifestyles back in the closet, where they belong. If you aren't ashamed of being a drunk, a child molester, rapist, or sexual deviant, you should be. God is. :mad:

[ November 02, 2002, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: tiggertoddy ]

5. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

It appears that Kodak's CEO filed a statement to sell Kodak shares worth $267,711 on Oct 28, 2002, just a few days after the story of Mr. Szabo's firing made WND.

http://biz.yahoo.com/t/e/ek.html

Two more officers of the company also filed their intent to sell close to $300,000 worth of shares each. One of them for the first time.

They know something most investors don't know.

6. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

I received the following through a newsletter:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/2002/11-18-2002/vo18no23_vice.htm

7. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone heard the latest on this case? Wasn't the fired employee going to get a lawyer and try to do something?

8. wjrighter

wjrighter New Member

just wondering: (tried to read all 8 pages just could'nt) do you think kodak would let people that work there have christian coming out day? or for that matter ,baptist, or others?

9. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Kodak didn't come up with the day. It's "National Coming Out Day," not "Coming Out Day at Kodak." Kodak simply put a memo out there informing its employees of the day and how they might handle any coworkers' coming out.

Offhand, I can't think of a reason Christians would need a national coming out day. If you want to get picky, I'd say there are plenty of days that Christians get to proclaim their Christianity rather publicly, same with heterosexuality (Valentine's Day comes to mind). We live in a Christocentric and heterocentric society - Christianity and heterosexuality are assumed.

I understand what point you're trying to make, but it doesn't make logical sense to me.

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More to the point, why should a homo want to "COME OUT", unless he's sub-consciously crying for help?

What does his bedroom choice have to do with anything, except HIS BEDROOM CHOICE?

I'm certainly not interested in knowing his dark secrets, and I doubt very seriously that many others are either?

11. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

I'll admit, I've never fully understood the whole idea of a national day, myself, but I do know that coming out isn't about calling for help -- it's about stating truth rather than keeping a central part about oneself hidden. These days, fewer people have an actual coming out -- they were never "in" anything to begin with. But it's more about a commemorative day. Just like any other commemorative day, of which many are celebrated in this country.

12. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

And we hear Pilate saying "what is truth"
    Murph

13. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

I had forgot about this one, It's been almost a month. I believe it has been around long enough. I will close it down first thing in the morning.
    Murph