1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

News on Eufala

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by newlady3203, Mar 8, 2004.

1. newlady3203

newlady3203 New Member

We made the treck out to Oklahoma. We left North Carolina on Sunday morning, Feb. 22. We got to Eufala on Monday, Feb. 23 and had our meeting/interview at 1:00 p.m. By what I saw and what was explained to us, I would have loved to have had a chance at attending a school such as this. My step-son doesn't feel that way right now, but hopefully the Lord will turn him around. After today, we are able to write to him. We were not to have any contact whatsoever for the first two weeks. The director called this an adjustment period for the boys. He is not allowed any visitors for the first month. But, I don't foresee us driving out there on a regular basis. The funds just aren't there for us to do that. We barely have the funds to have him there to begin with. But, we prayed about sending him there and we received a peace about it. So, we will do what we have to financially to keep him there so that he will be able to make something of himself.

2. vaspers

vaspers New Member

What is Eufala, some morality boot camp?

Are you sure it's not a cult?

Can you provide a link to their web site so we can know what the dickens you are raving about?

No visitors for first two months, restricted contact, all the tell tale signs of a dangerous cult, but of course, how can I know what's going on with the limited info you provided?

I don't mean to be cynical or alarming, and I pray everything is kosher here, but my oh my...it sure sounds odd to me. I'm sorry, I don't buy into the "adjustment period" concept.

If you are referring to The Academy at Eufaula, Oklahoma, which is a "troubled teen" boarding school, you may want to investigate it a little more.

It is non-religious, non-Christian, and I'm not sure what credentials the staff can claim to possess. Sounds like a lot of secular psycho babble new age therapy to me. You may have done your homework and are satisfied, but I have to tell you, I'm not too impressed with what I see on their web site.

Tell me more please. Take no offense at my comments, I just want to help if I can.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[ March 09, 2004, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: vaspers ]

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I have never heard of Eufala. Your opening post assumes that we know what you are talking about. Unfortunately, many of us have no clue what this is about.

BTW, I agree it does sound like a cult. What is with this no visitors or no letters. Be careful!