1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

News: Women are not accountable to God according to Dorothy Patterson

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by bobfrgsn, May 10, 2003.

1. bobfrgsn

bobfrgsn New Member

Fear Not ... do not Fear I am not playing baseball so have no need to "step up to the Plate" ... The item you reference from Dr. Prescott is a truncated version of what Ms. Patterson said ... but says essentially the same thing ... do you read this good article? I have no anger toward PP. I think he is wrong in what he had done to the SBC and I think he is guilty of inflicting grevious harm on innocent people ..but I have no anger toward him or hatrid. That would be a waste of emotion and inflict more harm to myself. I am glad your parents raised you to be such a good boy. They should be proud of you ...

I think this thread is being closed out. Have a good week.

2. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

If I am correct I believe you earlier mentioned that liberals were those who were harmed, if so then your quote above makes no sense because a liberal is not innocent. [​IMG]
    Murph

3. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Prophecy? Let me get this... are you saying that God spoke to you, like He did to the prophets of old, and told you these things?

Or, are you saying that you have gained this particular bit of understanding, or knowledge, through the interpretation of the Scriptures?

I ask because as far as I know these two methods are the only way that one receives true prophecy.

What if your prophecy turns out to be false, are willing to sumbit your self to the fate ascribed to false prophets in the Bible?

Just want to be clear.

4. bobfrgsn

bobfrgsn New Member

Prophecy? Let me get this... are you saying that God spoke to you, like He did to the prophets of old, and told you these things

Dear BB, I use the perfectly good english word "prophecy" in the sense of prediction. I am not a fundamentalist so I make no claim to devine revelation. Perhaps, for a broadminded person as your good self, I should have just said prediction.

What do you think of Murph's condemnation, out of hand, of all "liberals." Pretty intelligent don't you think?

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bob, for many of us, Liberal is synomynous with apostate. This distincition is now about one hunderd years old. I expect of course that you take execption to this characterization. And that is your prerogative.

6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Closing Time, M'Lords, Ladies, and Gentelmen, Closing Time."