1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by JackRUS, Apr 22, 2006.

1. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

It seems the Chicago Bears will go with a DB or TE with their first pick.

3. Convicted by the Spirit

From what the team needs Bush is not the choice. D.Davis a great RB and I like the guy personally. We need help up front. Ferguson or wintson makes the most since. I would trade down if I were them and take an OL. I also really like Vince Young ... this guy is a born leader and playmaker.

I just hope the Houston Texans don't go do something stupid.

"my momma always said stupid is as stupid does."

4. PastorSBC1303

I agree with you. If I was the Texans I would trade down a couple spots, pick up some additional picks and get the best OL in the draft. They have a good core group in D.Davis, Johnson and Carr. But I would imagine media and fan pressure will force their hand into taking Bush.

5. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Everyone says that Houston should take Bush. But they don't have the offensive line. (Just ask Carr).

They should trade down a few picks and take Ferguson. Or maybe Winston Justice if Ferguson isn't available and take another running back later in the round.

Justice

But everyone is in love with Bush. (even the Democrats!)

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The Titans should take Vince Young with their first pick. I'm not sold on Matt Leinart.

7. PastorSBC1303

ESPN is reporting that the Texans having signed DE Mario Williams as their #1 draft pick. Now that should stir up the top part of the draft.

8. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Wow! I suppose they figured that without an offensive line Bush couldn't make an impact anyhow.

9. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Broncos fan and have to say they had a great first day. They got Cutler who by many experts may be the best of the three and the WR and TE they wanted. I am just curious about what Jake the Snake thinks.

By the way, being in the military and travelling all over the world I tend to have weird favorite teams such as the Spurs, Cubs, and Broncos from all parts of the country. I do bleed UK blue where I was born and raised and SBC I am glad we agree on one team in the Cubs...

10. PastorSBC1303

Yeah the Donkeys had a nice day. I am not completely sold on Culter, I remember hearing the exact same things about Kyle Boler a couple years ago and he has been a bust.

I do think Javon Walker is a major pick-up for them.

11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I was wondering why Cutler was drafted by the Broncos, too. Either they believe Jake's time is limited or Cutler is going to be a really good back-up.

12. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You dont trade up in the 1st round for someone to hold the clipboard more than a year. Cutler starts in 2007...

13. PastorSBC1303

Thats a good point.

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I didn't mean to suggest he'd be a perpetual backup.

15. Convicted by the Spirit

I really hope Mario turns out to be the next coming of Reggie White. I understand defense wins championships. The Ravens and Bucs won championships squarely on defense. The fans here in Houston were not exactlty happy with the pick of Williams over Bush ... a little while ago I was on a discussion board where about 90% of the people were saying things like, "I will never attend a Texan's game again" to "I root for the Dallas Cowboys now."

I honestly don't know what to think of the pick. I just hope he turns out to be really really good.

16. PastorSBC1303

If Reggie Bush turns out to be a great player like some think, then Mario Williams becomes the NFL equivalent of Sam Bowie.

17. PastorSBC1303

I found it amazing to hear that yesterday was the first time in like 30 years that Michigan did not have a player taken on the first day of the draft.

18. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

You guys know that the NFL is why God created the television...right? [​IMG] :D

I'm a Bronco Fanatic...yep my home office is Blue and Orange and COOL. And the Broncos have really helped my 'prayer life' over the last few years as well (see Spiritual Application ;) )

I was surprised in so much movement in trading and in the pick of Cutler. But I think he fits into the Broncos system better than Leinhart and will replace Jake who while he has improved has a tendency for being inconsistent and being in his 10th year is getting a little long in the tooth and will be a good teacher to Cutler. Though I did like Van pelt and wonder what he is thinking more than what Jake is thinking. Inspite of all of the surpirses that the Broncos caused I think we had a very successful draft even in the later rounds but was disappointed that we drafted another 2 WR's...maybe they really think that Ashlie's unhappy attitude will affect his play and needed more WR's. I think with Javon coming in that Smith will retire next year and Ashlie may not want to come back next year (this is his last year of contract) and we do need more WR help. Broncos are funny in that they can make anyone a RB but stink with WR's from the draft [​IMG]

I'm a closet Houston fan...since Kubiak left Denver to become the Head Coach and was surprised but happy with their pick. Inspite of the controversy they seemed to have had a good draft and were able to get some OL men and some needed DEF guys.

19. Kilad

Kilad New Member

TCU had three players taken: wide receiver Cory Rodgers (fourth round, Green Bay Packers), offensive tackle Michael Toudouze (fifth round, Indianapolis Colts) and cornerback Drew Coleman (sixth round, New York Jets).

The Horned Frogs had the most selections (three) from the Mountain West Conference and were second in the state of Texas, behind only the University of Texas (six).

GO FROGS!!

20. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Not if Williams becomes a star in his own right. MJ was the third pick in his draft - no. 2 was Bowie - a bust - but no. 1 was Akeem Olajuian (sp?). No one makes fun of the Rockets for picking Akeem, do they? No, because he ended up being a great player, maybe one of the 5 greatest centers of all-time, and brought two championships to Houston. Of course, it didn't hurt that those two championships came during MJ's "retirement". [​IMG]

If Williams is a bust, and Bush is a star, then it looks bad. But they both might be great in their own right. Then it is good for everyone.