1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NFL Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by NateT, Jan 3, 2005.

1. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

Dont think the colts can win.... not enough D. will be whoever wins the AFC championship, Steelers or Patriots

2. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone have some catsup? How about that. I go against a team from my own state and Chad and Co. are making me eat my own words. The J*E*T*S -JETS. Who would've thunk it?

3. NateT

NateT Member

I said Marty would falter. I just didn't think it would be quite that soon. Now we just need the Vikings, Colts, Eagles and Broncos to all falter, and it will seem like old times :D

4. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

right now i would want a colts - eagles SB

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I kind of would like to see and Eagles/Steelers rematch.

A Pennsylvnia Derby as folks here would say.

6. Rookiepastor

Rookiepastor New Member

My hopes of a Charger - Colts... AFC championship game was dashed yesterday by a missed field goal and a made field goal...

Oh well... Go Colts... LOL

Changing subject just a bit... how many churches do you know of that do something with the Superbowl?

7. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

How about all those running plays before the 40 yard field goal attempt! What was Marty thinking? That was asking a bit much of the rookie kicker, I think. The Chargers really could have won that game with better play calling.

8. Dale

Dale New Member

I am not a football expert and I don't even follow it all that closely but since I am from Indiana I have been going for the Colts and have watched several of their games this year. I think the game today with Denver really shows that the Cotls success in the playoffs will probably be dependant largely on the tempo of the game. Today was mostly an offensive game which plays to the Colts style and the won big. If Manning gets on a roll, they could go a long ways in the playoffs.

9. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Manning is an amazing talent, maybe the best quarterback ever, in my opinion. Bill Bellichick has his number though. He has never ever one a game in Foxboro at Gillette Stadium or at the old Foxboro Stadium. I don't think next Sunday is going to be any different- -at least I hope so. I got a ticket to the game.

10. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My beloved Broncos fell apart again today...
    (sigh)

Yes, I was around in the Orange Crush days.
    I was also around in the Terrell Davis days.

Now all I can do is root for the Steelers, a true Cinderella story.

(waiting for the spitballs)

Debbie C

11. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

The heartbreakers are still in the mix! The new season has begun. Next weekend will tell the tale. Another Ravens in the wings?

12. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I knew John Elway and you, Mr. Plummer are no John Elway."

We mourn with you Debbie. Bash the Cowboys a little bit and you can root for the Steelers all you want. Cowboy bashing is like a spitball force field.

What happened to the Packers? Randy Moss limped into the endzone, on crutches and beat the GB secondary. :mad:

I missed what he did in the endzone? Hope he brought his checkbook.

13. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Are you suggesting a Rams victory next week? It could really happen! The Rams have a lot of playoff experience and T.O. isn't playing. I think there would be Eagles fans jumping from bridges though.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Colts looked great today. The Pats are hurting in their secondary so the Colts have a great chance at defeating them next Sunday. I will certainly try to watch that
    game. [​IMG]

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He pretended to moon the Packer fans.

16. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

He pretended to moon the Packer fans. </font>[/QUOTE]What? In the Lambeau shrine? That ain't right! lol

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I saw it - Moss pretended to moon the fans, and then rubbed his tush on the goal post. No class at all - but, I thought the fox boys went a bit far in thier condemnation of him. The green bay fans had been all over Moss all day long, his reaction while juvenile was nothing like Ron Artest's going into the stands - yet the fox announcers condemned him as if his actions were as bad as those of Artest.

Where I would have been all over Moss was his cursing (using the most crude curse word) of the GB fans after his first TD. You didnt have to be much of a lip reader to be able to tell what he said. The mooning was crude and stupid, the cursing was horrendous. Yet the fox announcers said nothing about the cursing.

How about that hair - have you ever seen a bigger Afro?

19. west

west New Member

On the hair .The guys on TV said the Team got together for unity and let their hair grow really long .

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder where the Packers players were when Moss treated their fans that way. I am surprised they didn't react in some fashion right then and there.

But I guess all of the fight was out of the Packers by then.