1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Sep 11, 2006.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

After 2 enjoyable games, I was thinking that we really don't know how good the Bears are since they haven't really played anybody yet. :smilewinkgrin:

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

What is up with Carolina and Tampa Bay?

3. PastorSBC1303

Dominating performance by the Chicago Bears. Looks as if right now they are the best in the NFC.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

No doubt about that. :thumbsup:

5. PastorSBC1303

At the beginning of the season, I would have never believed that the Bears would be able to put up 37 points against Seatle.

That defense is great. Another game without giving up a TD.

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Anybody remember what many sportswriters said about the Bears on Draft day when they didn't draft any players on offense early, but drafted to improve their D? I'm not afraid to admit that I myself wondered if they knew what they were doing. They obviously knew exactly what they were doing.

7. PastorSBC1303

I wondered too. But it has worked out great.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

How about that Redskin game, can you believe the Ravens came back like that?

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I thought this quote from Jerry Angelo, reported by Peter King in his MMQB column this morning:

Indeed, the Bears receivers are pretty good.

I probably shouldn't be nervous about Bears v. Cardinals, but when the "experts" say a game will be a big blowout, as P. King did this morning, I get nervous. I think the Bears will win handily, but the old adage, "Any Given Sunday)" applies.

10. PastorSBC1303

Man what a game by the Bears and Cardinals. 6 turnovers, no offensive TDs and the Bears still find a way to win.

Briah Urlacher just took the game over in the 4th quarter.

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I went to bed at 23-3 and was totally shocked that they won. Watched the highlights and wow, Urlacher just ripped the ball out of James' hands. Read John Clayton's write-up of the game, noting that the Cardinals just wanted to run the clock out and the Bears never thought they were out of it. Chris Berman said this morning that the Cardinals fans he was around were never comfortable, even when leading 23-3. The Cardinals thought they could win, while the Bears knew they were going to win.

This is how maddening fantasy football is.

PastorSBC, I had a 46 point lead over you in fantasy football and I had Anquan Bolding scoring 2 TD in the first half. I know it's never over till it's over, but I was feeling pretty good about my chances until the Bears D and Urlacher put up 81 points. :BangHead:

In my other league, I was leading my brother by 7 points and figured that, with Grossman at QB, I'm looking pretty good there too. Then Grossman goes out and scores -8 points and I lost that one too. :BangHead:

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy the Bears won, but I wish they had done it differently.

12. PastorSBC1303

:laugh: I know, its great ain't it. I thought I was done in that league and then Urlacher and the Bears D go off in the 4th quarter.

I feel the same way. But I have to say that was one of the best quarters I have ever watched by the Bears D and special teams.

13. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Can you all feel our pain here in Arizona. We can't win when we should win. Over 18 years and we are still wondering when we will get a professional football team here.

Bro Tony

14. PastorSBC1303

When will it be time to find a new team? :BangHead:

15. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

I say about 15 years ago:laugh:

Bro Tony

16. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Any thoughts on Denny Green's press conference?
    i hope that passion will rub off on the Cards a little bit, because i do see his point. They did have Chicago beat...and gave it away.

That win does not prove the Bears to be the best in the NFL...but it does put them in a category of possibly being a team of destiny. They hadn't won a game like that since 1985...which i think was a pretty decent season for Chicago if i am not mistaken.

17. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The 1985 Bears hardly ever played from behind. In the 1st Minnesota game, they were behind 17-9 until McMahon came off the bench in the 3rd quarter to throw 2 TD's in 2 passes. Shoulda been 3, but Willie Gault dropped that 3rd one. They were behind almost the entire game in the Monday night loss to Miami.

The win over Arizona reminded me of the 2001 Bears that won 2 consecutive games on the last play of the game.

Personally, I don't believe that any team is a team of destiny. The Bears win had more to do with a terrific defense, an unblocked linebacker, and a Cardinals team that became passive more than it did about Chicago being a team of density.

I don't know why the Cardinals ever stopped passing and tried to start running. Running the ball isn't what got them the lead in the first place, so why'd they stop passing? Denny can be mad all he wants, but he had a big part to play in losing that game. I wonder when he'll be fired.