1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Apr 3, 2006.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Dude, that was last year. [​IMG]

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remeber folks, baseball season doesn't start until the Stanley Cup is awarded.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Dude, that was last year. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]I guess AF is a big NHL fan [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dude, that was last year. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]I was being sarcastic. Sorry for offending the NHL and Nascar fans out there, but I would'nt miss either if they completely went away.

Here is my top 5 list of favorites:

1. NFL
    2. NCAA Basketball
    3. MLB
    4. NCAA Football
    5. NBA

I also enjoy NCAA baseball, soccer, volleyball, and many other sports.

How about everyone else listing their top 5 sports?

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Wow what a game last night! Double OT!! Its spring its the NHL playoffs it doesn't get better than that! Wow what a game. I was bitting my nails through the whole thing.

DHK, Roloson played outstanding. But any goalie that faces 57 shots on goal is going to let some get by. Which is why I think ultimatly Detroit will win this series, they just have so much offense and so many weapons they are hard to stop. However,Legace only faced 25 shots thanks to Detroits defense. He did make some huge saves like stopping that break away in the second period.

Anyhow great game, I hope there are more of them.

6. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Ya. Anyone but the Devils. (Being a Christian and all)

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Edmonton ties the series!
    Two goals within 57 seconds, and a third empty-netter.
    Yes you will see more of them (exicting games)!
    DHK

8. Kilad

Kilad New Member

Dallas self destructing.

It is looking bad on the home front. Dallas is down 2-0 and still looking like they did the last 2 games of the season. :(

9. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Not only is Dallas down 2-0, many other top teams are fizzling too. Carolina is down 2-0 I believe, and it looks like San Jose is beginning to get the upper hand against the Preds. You never will know what will happen in the playoffs.

I have been pretty pleased with the officiating for the most part, but there have been a few bad calls or missed calls. Like in the last Red Wings game, Zetterberg had a break away and would have probably scored had not a stick been thrown at him- a penalty offense, but no whistle was blown, how lame is that?

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It was a good call. The stick wasn't thrown. He was making a good defensive move trying to push the puck off of Zetterberg's stick. His stick fell out of his hand. Any replay will show that he did not throw his stick. There is no penalty there. The stick slipped out of his hand for which there is no penalty.
    DHK

11. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I watched the replay several times, the stick left his hand in a throwing motion, even the guys calling the game said it should have been a penalty.

12. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Now that I'm back from vacation.....

My Preds locked up home ice with the best home record in the NHL, which they used to muster only a 1-1 tie going into tonight's third game with the Sharks. Game two produced no goals and saw the Sharks capitalize on three power plays.

Mason has done well, but what's the old saying: your best penalty killer is the one between the pipes.

Is it me or is no one really taking advantage of home ice? Looks like we're in for another wild playoff run.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Oilers defeat Detroit in Double OT: 4-3. It was the third longest game in Oiler history. They take the lead in the series now 2-1.
    DHK

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The Preds spend too much time shorthanded and lose to the Sharks. They have to win tomorrow night to even it up. Mason gave up two goals late, but it really wasn't even very close. Nashville couldn't do anything on offense. San Jose kept the blue line secure, forcing Nashville to dump-and-chase all night.

15. PastorSBC1303

Wow, Dallas is down 3-0.

16. Kilad

Kilad New Member

Man talk about blowing it in the last min of the game. sheesh hummm now its time for Dallas to quit messin around and win 4 in a row [​IMG]

17. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Wings win to the series and get the momentum back again. There 19 penalties called last night, and Detroit scored on two of them to win 4-2.

Edmonton's coach was complaining about the refs after the game.

"It's a different standard with those two," MacTavish said. "It seems like you get credited for having the courage to call everything." (source:http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap;_ylt=AtNj6lKgb8SU5c_ULPJhr8p7vLYF?gid=2006042706)

The Red Wings played without Steve Yzerman who should be back for Saturday's game.

18. PastorSBC1303

19. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Los Tiburones de San Jose are up 3-1 against Nashville [​IMG] . Viva Los Tiburones Viva [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. TomVols

TomVols New Member

San Jose is looking like a team on a mission. I thought my Preds were going to change things up enough to get a spark on offense. San Jose has an answer every time the Preds get anything going. Will somebody please pull Marleau off of Mason? He's beating him to death [​IMG] San Jose is attacking at will. It's as if the ice is tilted in their favor. It would be fun to watch if they weren't beating my guys [​IMG]

I don't see this series going past 6 games. If the Preds continue to give up PP goals like they have, the season will end for them Sunday night in Nashville.

I followed the Sharks before the Preds came along. I have a hunch I'm going to be following them deep into the chase for Lord Stanley's Cup.