1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NHL.....?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by travisbaptist12, Feb 6, 2005.

1. travisbaptist12

travisbaptist12 New Member

Wait a second, there's no hockey? When did this happen? I never noticed. Wait, what is hockey again? Is that with a puck? People used to play that game, is it like prehistoric or something? I'm kidding, but seriously, does anyone care there's no hockey? Does anyone even notice the difference?

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I haven't cared a bit. I only watched NHL during the playoffs. But it doesn't bother me that there is no season.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a hockey fan(Dallas Stars fan), but I knew this was gonna happen and there wasn't anything I could do about it.

So maybe they can resolve this and there will be a season next October.

But I don't think that hockey will ever be considered one of the big four sports again. I think it will now be on the same level as arena football.

4. onecoolcanuk

onecoolcanuk Guest

Sadly Ken, I think you're right. Hockey will be on the same level as arena football. :(

I miss NHL hockey but we have a junior team in my city and those kids play with more passion than many pros do.

I am sick of the same old same old every week. They keep saying it is the final week to salvage a season, get hopes up, then crush them. Then they do it all again the next week. I'm tired of it.

Ken, don't count on hockey next October. They have about as much incentive to work things out by then as they have to work things out now...and that's not a lot.

5. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Arena Football get better ratings than the NHL does. Those players had better get back fast or they will be earning IHL salaries.