1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nice Photo Op

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Rosell, Oct 20, 2004.

1. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

You can call me a Pharisees if you want to, I simply pointed out that this shouldn't be a shock to anyone about Bush, he has not hidden the fact that he has no problem with homosexuality, while he opposes gay marraige, he is not against homosexuality and shows his support for this abomonation by giving same-sex partners benefits, and applauds their "diversity" in the community and in the church.

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

There is nothing wrong with homosexuals or any other sinner coming to church, maybe they will repent of their sins and get saved. There is a BIG difference in them coming to church, and being allowed to become a member of the church. Note the word I used was "impenitent", this means they are un-repentent and practicing homosexuals. They are not at the church to find help to break free from their sinfull lifestyle.

3. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

OK, OK, so if I have a sin, any sin in my life, I shouldn't be allowed to become a church member, right? Is that what you're saying? Or is this sin especially wrong? I mean, more wrong than another sin? Do I go less to Hell for judgementalism and hatred than I do for, say, being gay? Is that how it works???

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Those letters of congratulations are sent out to new babies, special events like 50th wedding anniversary, etc. An assistant receives requests for those 'congratulations' and sends out those cards. No president is out searching for small groups to recognize.

We got a card from Clinton when Nick was born. Someone thought it would be funny since Jim was a Republican state rep. We did save it. [​IMG]

You can request flags flown over the capital here, pens used in the signing of certain laws, etc.

5. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Diane, can I have a pen used to sign some odd generic law no one ever heard of? That way, I can show it off proudly and act like it was the most improtant law in the world, and everyone will be, "huh?"

;)

6. Pete

Pete New Member

I'm not DD, but anyway...

Reporter: "Mr. President, when you talk about peace in the Middle East, you've often said that freedom is granted by the Almighty. Some people who share your beliefs don't believe that Muslims worship the same Almighty. I wonder about your views on that."

Bush: "I do say that freedom is the Almighty's gift to every person. I also condition it by saying freedom is not America's gift to the world. It's much greater than that, of course. And I believe we worship the same God."

7. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

OK, OK, so if I have a sin, any sin in my life, I shouldn't be allowed to become a church member, right? Is that what you're saying? Or is this sin especially wrong? I mean, more wrong than another sin? Do I go less to Hell for judgementalism and hatred than I do for, say, being gay? Is that how it works??? </font>[/QUOTE]We all have sin in our lives, but in order to be a part of the Body of Christ we have to repent of our sins and accept the free gift of God's grace. Someone who is living in sin and refuses to repent of that sin is also refusing the free gift of salvation. In doing that they are refusing to become a part of the Body of Christ, and only members of the Body of Christ should be members of any church.

8. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

This letter of congratulations was not set at the request of the churches, but was sent from the Bush administration, they don't send out letters to every church in America on their 35th anniversary, this church is different because it is a homosexual church, the Bush administration has courted the homosexual "conservative" voters from day one.

Leaders of Metropolitan Community Churches, a predominantly gay denomination, say they are perplexed by a congratulatory letter sent by President Bush the same week he was publicly opposing gay marriage. Church officials received a congratulations letter on the 35th anniversary of their flagship congregation in Los Angeles. The letter was dated Oct. 14, during the same week Bush proclaimed as "Marriage Protection Week" to oppose gay marriage. The denomination was founded in 1968 as a haven for gay Christians, and now claims 43,000 members.

"By encouraging the celebration of faith and sharing God's love and boundless mercy, churches like yours put hope in people's hearts and a sense of purpose in their lives," the Bush letter said, according to a copy provided by the church.

The Rev. Troy Perry, founder and moderator of the church, said Bush was sending "a very mixed message" to a denomination that performs 6,000 same-sex weddings each year. A White House spokesperson did not answer queries about the letter.

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

http://www.whitehouse.gov/greeting/

10. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

There is no question that people can request greetings from the Whitehouse. These churches never did request the greetings. This greeting from the Bush administration makes sense and fits in with the rest of their homosexual agenda.

http://www.cultureandfamily.org/articledisplay.asp?id=399&department=CFI&categoryid=cfreport

http://www.familypolicy.net/features/bush-gays.shtml

http://www.covenantnews.com/baldwin030523.htm

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=23400

http://dutyisours.com/50+h.htm

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35539

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

JGrubbs, anyone can request that greeting FOR someone else! Like I had posted, someone requested a birth greeting from Clinton as a practical joke on us...

12. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I guess that could have happened. [​IMG]

I don't think the administration can use that excuse for the rest of their homosexual agenda however.

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I wrote and asked. I'll let you know if I get a reply with an answer.

Diane

14. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

OK, OK, so if I have a sin, any sin in my life, I shouldn't be allowed to become a church member, right? Is that what you're saying? Or is this sin especially wrong? I mean, more wrong than another sin? Do I go less to Hell for judgementalism and hatred than I do for, say, being gay? Is that how it works??? </font>[/QUOTE]We all have sin in our lives, but in order to be a part of the Body of Christ we have to repent of our sins and accept the free gift of God's grace. Someone who is living in sin and refuses to repent of that sin is also refusing the free gift of salvation. In doing that they are refusing to become a part of the Body of Christ, and only members of the Body of Christ should be members of any church. </font>[/QUOTE]OK, OK, I get it. So if I have any sin at all in my life, I shouldn't be allowed to join a church. That is what you are saying, right?

15. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I think you know that is not what I am saying. If you can't understand what I am saying as simply as I have explained it, then there is not more I can do to help you understand.

16. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

So instead of sin being sin, regardless of the type of sin, some sin is worse than others. That is what you are saying. Because if you take your definition to its logical end, church membership nationwide would be in the teens. People are greedy sometimes. Hateful from time to time. People struggle with lust. People gossip out of habit. People sin, and where outside of the fellowship of believers are they going to find any reason for or hope to or point in reforming their lives into the likeness of Christ?

Saying These people can be church members, but these people cannot is equivalent to making a judgement that one sin is bad, and another OK.

By membership I am not saying ordain or make Sunday School teachers out of them. I don't want a gossip in charge of Sunday school, and I won't abide ordaining an adulterer or thief, for example. But I can no more easily abide excluding these people from the only hope they have to find the love and forgiveness found in Christ.

17. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Being that this is a Baptist Board, most of the members here would say that baptisim is required for church membership. Salvation is required for baptism. Do you believe that a practicing homosexual, who refuses to repent of their sin, but will continue in their sinfull lifestyle can be a Christian, get baptized and join a local church?

18. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Nope. Accepting Christ calls for repentance (turning from sin).

Our previous pastor would not baptize one young lady who was living with a guy. A homosexual can turn from their sin, not continue in that sin, and still fight with the lust in their flesh. A man or woman who is not homosexual can turn from their sexual lives outside of marriage and still fight with the lust in their flesh.

19. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe a practicing homosexual or an adulterous heterosexual can be saved, baptized and become a churchmember and then fall back into the same old sin pattern.

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Agree Hardsheller but I think the OP implied that they never turned from and had no intention of turning from their sin. Am I correct JGrubbs?

Diane