1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nickelodeon to air pro-homosexual kids show

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by cdouglas76, May 30, 2002.

1. cdouglas76

cdouglas76 Guest

Josh,
    You've just revealed the SEVERITY and ABSOLUTE SERIOUSNESS of your spiritual blindness. You need to get on your knees and ask God for guidance. Repent while your at it.

Isaiah 5
    20 Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

22 Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine
    and champions at mixing drinks,
    23 who acquit the guilty for a bribe,
    but deny justice to the innocent.
    24 Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw
    and as dry grass sinks down in the flames,
    so their roots will decay
    and their flowers blow away like dust;
    for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty
    and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.
    25 Therefore the Lord 's anger burns against his people;
    his hand is raised and he strikes them down.
    The mountains shake,
    and the dead bodies are like refuse in the streets.

Romans 1

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
    21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
    24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.
    26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Hebrews 10
    28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people."

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This has been a busy thread so it got to a third page without my realizing it. So, here is the six hour warning. Please, wrap up any thoughts you might have to post. I will be closing the thread no earlier than 4:18p PDT/7:18p Bard time.
    Robertsson

3. Headcoveredlady

Headcoveredlady New Member

POst it,
    To answer your question, no I am married to a man and am not homosexual. I am against it because God's Word is against it. And now that I know you fight for babies to murdered I am more sad about that. Have you ever seen how a baby is murdered in an abortion mill? Have you ever counseled with the many women who suffer from post abortion syndrome because they paid someone to murder their babies? Or how about been at the receiving end of their anger as they take it out on you?
    Is this how you serve Jesus by fighting for mommies to murder their babies?

Gina,
    Did you know that Barney has done levitation? When I say that satan runs tv it is because he does. There are a few shows that might be well worth our time, but is it worth having all the other stuff to get one or two shows of value? We personally would rather bake, garden or sew than watch the tv. We have not chosen that because we are righteous but because He is righteous and His Word contains all we need. Philipians 4:8, "finally brethren whateever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is true, whatever is of good repute, if anything is worthy of praise, think of these things." Are minds are to be on the things of Christ at all times. Yes, we all stumble in this, but if one thing causes us ungodly thoughts we ought to cut it out of our lives.

HCL

4. Marty Lineberry

Marty Lineberry New Member

Problem that happens is this:

When we say as christians that Barney is of satan the non christians thinks we are nuts or we sound self righteous. So when we say that the new Nickelodeon show or the new MTV/Showtime all gay channel is of satan they follow the same train of thought. We as christians know they are but we need to be of the same mind and go after the ones that are a threat to this society and our children!

Then we have people on here who's only purpose is to promote homosexuality as ok. First we need to weed the sin out of the camp then worry about barney!

5. Son of Consolation

Son of Consolation New Member

We are in a pitiful state indeed if professing Christians, well versed in the Bible, dare say that homosexuality is acceptable in the eyes of God. Bro. Keith Robertson, Moderator of this forum, is right by posting a moratorium on this thread. The purpose was to sign the petitions, but the thread evolved into a Yes, homosexuality is sin, and No, homosexuality is not a sin debate. For this reason, and without any more comment on this subject, I hereby close this thread. The readers may continue to sign the petition, if they so wish.

Sorry folks, but this type of debate does not build the church - but instead tears it down. We will all answer for our stand on this issue in front of the great white throne of judgment. My prayer is that before we get there, may we get right with God.

6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just reopened this thread to make this statement:
    Brother Baranbas is quite correct in closing it two hours earlier than my deadline.