1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nightmares

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by chickenlady, Oct 15, 2005.

1. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Lots of wonderful advice.

It could be physical, it could be psychological or it could be spiritual.

By psychological - if you have a fear of losing your virginity or of being violated - and there has been something on the news or something you've read or watched that reminded you of your vulnerability, you could be having fear-induced dreams. You can buy little locks for your doors and windows that go off is someone opens a door. If there is any reason to fear it is a real person - get them. They cost between $5 to hundreds of dollars. I have them, and shutters, on my daughter's windows (she had a peeping Tom one night). They give off a high piercing screech if the window is opened without the alarm being turned off.

Such dreams can also be caused by any other feeling of danger, that your life is out of control, that someone else is destroying your life. So if you have someone like a spouse who is running you into debt, it could trigger a horrible dream like that.

It could also be spiritual though. Demons do try to harass Christians, and the more affective your work for Christ is, the more likely you are to be targeted for harassment by demons trying to take your mind off God and God's work. Pray without ceasing. Pray for God to protect you from anything of that nature. Pray for God to protect your ROOM from that. I once knew a girl with similiar complaints who went to a Baptist Minister who told her, "Go room to room in your house with a Christian friend and ask God, 'Dear Heavenly Father, I sometimes think I feel evil in this room. Please, Holy Father, offer your protection and blessing on this room, and forbid the entrance of demons or satanic-forcesShe says that the dreams stopped.

Whether there were demons God stopped or it just gave her peace of mind - she found peace.

If you have ANY reason at ALL to suspect this is a REAL human being - - get locks and alarms.

2. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Some Scripture to meditate on and claim before bedtime:

"The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath He established the heavens.
    By His knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.
    My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion:
    So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.
    Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.
    When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie
    down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.
    For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken." Prov. 3:19-26

"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety." Ps. 4:8

3. Brett Valentine

Lot's of good suggestions. Here's something else to consider. I've posed this on another board where someone else was having similar problems.

Yes, it is possible that you are under attack, or it's just something in your subconscious working itself to the surface. It is also possible that you are experiencing that condition where your body is alert but part of the mind is still asleep which can explain the music you heard and the sensation of a hand on your arm. But whether the cause is spiritual or in your mind, that's where the spiritual battle is fought, in your mind.

Prayer, praise, and the Word are weapons that really work in that and similar situations. Have you done a study of Ephesians 6 and the spiritual armour of God? Realize that you are truly covered from head to foot and have been given a big and dangerous weapon (the Bible). If you still panic, just call the name of Jesus.

I haver actually had nightmares where in the dream, I have quoted scripture and stood down my nightmare (this was after a period where I had spent a lot of time on the Bible and praying, praising Jesus). It doesn't always happen, but you can grow into this.

But hang in there.

Brett

4. Brother James

Brother James New Member

My prayers are with you Ma'am. Anxiety can take many forms and play many tricks on you mind. Many have made good reccomendations. You might want to consider visiting a good CHRISTIAN councellor.