1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NIV Acceptability

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by neal4christ, Jun 26, 2003.

?
  1. Preaching/Teaching

61.5%
  2. Personal Study (Serious)

15.4%
  3. Personal Devotions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Family Devotions

7.7%
  5. Pleasure Reading

15.4%
  6. None of these!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

A translation that accurately communicates the meaning of the original language texts.

No ... it means that you did not prove they were missing. What it proved is that it is different than the KJV. As I told you earlier, the evidence shows that the KJV added to the word of God in many places.

Because there is good reason to believe that Luke didn't write it but a later copyist added it in.

Because there is evidence for both sides, but they believed that the evidence leads to the conclusion that it was added. Since they do not want to add to God's word, they put it in the margin.

For the sake of uniformity in locating various things.

The bottom line is that the NIV, like the KJV, is a good and faithful translation of God's word.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

No,he said the niv was only good for a placemat, table prop, etc. He made no mention about the niv being a Bible. </font>[/QUOTE]But the NIV is a Bible and when he said it should be table prop or a coaster, he was talking about the Bible. Come on ... this is simple stuff.

Absolutely.

3. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

If that is what you want to believe and falsely spread, that is your prerogative. But there were many more manuscripts that were considered other than the two that you are probably alluding to. Fact. Reality. If you want to deny that, go ahead. Nevermind the fact that some of the 'omissions' in question are not even in the majority of Byzantine texts. :rolleyes:

May the Lord Bless You,
    Neal [​IMG]

P.S. Good try at changing the subject. ;) Even IF what you say was true, it doesn't change the falsity of the statement I was addressing. [​IMG]

4. BrianT

BrianT New Member

If you would bother reading the Scripture I posted you would see that man and Satan will OMIT parts of God's word.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I agree.

No, I don't deny it at all. Now, back to the question:

If it's possible to also add to the word of God, how do you know it didn't happen in Acts 8:37?

5. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Interesting results. The acceptability to others is higher than what I was expecting it to be. Especially the preaching/personal study stats. Not that I am complaining, I am actually pleasantly suprised. [​IMG]

God Bless,
    Neal