1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NIV Translator was gay? Info on this please??

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by annsni, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

OK - What is the whole argument against the NIV and something about one of the translators was homosexual? I've got a vomiting child so don't have time to do research right now - can you guys help?? I'd like to see both sides please (I'm sure there are). Someone just gave me a bunch of links talking about how this one gay translator took out words to make it more homosexual friendly and I don't buy it....

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Virginia M. was hired as an English stylist -- not as a translator . She was dismissed when info regarding her sin came to light .

Romans 1:26-27 : Because of this , God gave them over to shameful lusts . Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones . In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another . Men committed indecent acts with other men , and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion . ( NIV )

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The person in question was Virginia Ramey Mollenkott. She was consulted occasionally by the NIV committee in matters of English style; she was not a translator, nor ever a FT member of the NIV staff. She was a "sub-contractor" who worked on the side for the NIV committee as needed.

What little work she did for the NIV committee did nothing to reveal her lesbianism, nor did her lesbianism affect her work. When the NIV committee discovered it, they didn't consult her again.

We gotta watch about practicing "guilt by association". After all, at least one of the AV translators (Thompson) was a drunk. Now, does that disqualify the KJV from being a valid version?

The whole Mollenkott thingie was just another cheap KJVO propaganda attempt that they triedta substitute for a lack of evidence supporting their doctrine.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

There have been a coupla' threads about this before, but I cannot find them, at the moment.

Ed

6. readmore

readmore New Member

It's bears pointing out that this is a very telling statement. So to research and discover the truth about this claim only takes a "few minutes" in the Information Age? It makes you wonder why so many KJVO authors still make this claim.

7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I don't consult sodomites for anything other than how they view the things of God, guess what?

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah - that was my issue too.

I know - but it was actually something I remember searching for before and found - then bookmarked it. I didn't realize he had info int he back of the book on these other issues too. But still, if there's an explanation like that, why continue to harp on it?

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Question answered - no need to continue on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.