1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NKJV Concordance?

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by RunAway, Dec 16, 2008.

1. RunAway

RunAway New Member

I am looking for a good concordance for the NKJV but I am guessing it must be called something else because I can't find but one online...Is this one http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=33430&event=1009CONC|1166741|1009#curr? Thanks for the help...

2. Samuel Owen

Samuel Owen New Member

From the information posted, it looks like it might be. Strongs is pretty well a universal concordance, I have an older version that comes in real handy.

But most of the time, it helps to have the word reference number in the Hebrew or Greek. Without it, its pretty well useless. The strong's is mostly a word dictionary, not what you might be looking for.

Vines also makes a word book of the whole Bible, and might be better suited for your need. Its also available in most Bible versions. It references by the word, not the assigned Greek, or Hebrew number as the strong's does.

3. RunAway

RunAway New Member

Thanks for the reply...I understand what you are saying,and you just might be right about what I may be looking for...What I want is really just something that can help me find scripture when I can't think of where it is in the NKJV because thats what I am most familiar with...Thanks...

4. Samuel Owen

Samuel Owen New Member

Well, neither one are really very good for that purpose. I have a Roget's Thesaurus of the Bible that is really good for that, in any version. But doubtless you could find on of those nowadays. Its getting pretty close to 20 years old now.

A Naves Topical Bible, would be about what you are looking for. It lists all the scriptures under almost any topic, in the Bible all in one place. Not just a list but the actual scripture versus, and would work with the NKJV, even if it were primarily for the KJV. But I think they make a NKJV version also.

5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are used copies of the second one on Amazon for about $50.
    Also your local bookstore may be able to track down these books for you.

#6 Jerome, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2008
  7. RunAway

RunAway New Member

Ok,thanks Jerome!!

8. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I recently helped teach basic Bible study methods to a group of new believers.

The use of a concordance was part of the class.
    The general consensus was that word studies were much easier on the computer
    using free on-line resources such as Blue Letter Bible [LINK]

If you want to purchase a 'hard copy' I'd suggest looking at Fetchbook.info [LINK] for better prices.

Rob