1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NKJV Nelson Study Bible

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Marco, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Marco

Marco Guest

Has anyone used this Study Bible and is it superior to other Study Bibles that have the NKJV?

~Marco

2. tfisher1

tfisher1 New Member

Marco, this is the study Bible I use and I think its great. I compared it with Macarthur's when I was getting ready to purchase one and I kind of liked the idea of having many scholars input instead of one man's.(although I like Mac alot!) Also, it seemed to go more in depth on certain passages instead of just lumping a large portion together. I give it a two thumbs up!!

Todd

3. R. Charles Blair

R. Charles Blair New Member

Marco - Glad you are using NKJV - I had it in the Open Bible study format, but lost it, and my other NKJ has no notes, just the textual footnotes
    and some maps, and a typically worthless concordance (like most of those bound into the Bible, totally inadequate). Haven't had opportunity to evaluate the notes you mention, but I really like using NKJ text. Best - Charles - Ro. 8:28

4. Kiffen

Kiffen Member

I like the NKJV Nelson Study Bible. Kinda like the NKJV version of the NIV Study Bible.

5. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marco- I both use and recommend the Nelson's NKJV Study Bible. As a matter of fact, I just bought this Bible in Large Print.
    I've used this version since I was saved in 1986, and love everything about it. The only complaint I ever had about Nelson's NKJV Study Bible was the extremely small print(I think it is only 8pt).
    The new Large print edition has 11pt print, and it is a huge(no pun intended) improvement.
    I've tried other Study Bibles, and always come back to the NKJV Study Bible. By the way, the Nelson Study Bible is now called the NKJV Study Bible.
    If you stick with the NKJV version you'll never go wrong.!

Rob

6. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

The NKJV Study Bible is a fine study Bible. I have a KJV Study Bible but have the notes to the NKJV version on one of my cd's.I will probably purchase a NKJV study Bible sometime in the near future.

7. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

One of my two regular Bibles is a Nelson KJV study Bible, but I have not seen the NKJV.

8. Faith alone

Faith alone New Member

Marco,

I have been using this study Bible for about 5 years now. I really like Earl Radmacher, who was the editor. IMO it has the most accurate and balanced notes of any study Bible out there... any translation. I do wish it came in otehr than just the NKJV... say the NASB.

But IMO you can't finda better Study Bible.

FA

9. DeadMan

DeadMan New Member

Marco, BINGO! This is my bible! I shelved my NIV Study Bible for it ... Highly recommended!

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The NKJV is also in the "Reformers Bible" (formerly called the New Geneva Study Bible). While obviously espousing a wider - non-Baptist - view, the comments and special features by some of the greatest names since 1500 makes it a great resource.

11. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I use the very same and find it really helpfull. My Concordance is also a Nelson, so I decided to keep the same brand for easy cross reference. I recently added the Nelson NKJV Chain Reference Bible which I find also quite helpfull in use with the Study Bible and the Concordance.