1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NLT 2nd Edition

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by StefanM, Jan 31, 2008.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know it has been out a while, but I just got a copy of the NLT 2nd ed.

Some of you have already reviewed much of this translation, and I was wondering if there were any passages that were especially noteworthy. I'd appreciate "the good, the bad, and the ugly," so to speak.

Note: I would appreciate it if those who are KJVO would not comment on these issues. I'm not interested in the KJV debate. God bless you all, but I'd like to hear from those who might actually use the NLTse.

2. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oops! I noticed that I posted this in the wrong forum! Could a moderator please move the thread?

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I'll get back to you on this text. :thumbs:

4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Do a search in the translation forum. Rippon has a lot of good info there.

5. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. This is a thorough (and very good) revision. I actually think that it was sufficient to warrant a new name for the translation. You can hardly tell that the NLTse came from the NLT.

6. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

I just finished reading the New Testament in the NLTse. (I have no training in Greek, FWIW, so I can't tell you what's "wrong" with it.) From a regular joe's perspective it's the Cadillac of dynamic equivalents. I thought the NIV was easy to read prior to picking up this translation, but discovered that I was reading relatively quicker and remembering more about what I read with this translation. Also, I find it easier to memorize from.