1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No Constitutional Right To God?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, but by doing that, it allows for him to be further taked out of the "public square", so no wonder we seem to be under some type of 'reaping what we have been sowing!"

2. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fox seems to do that though much less then the far more liberal sources such as CNN and MSNBC!

3. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fox seems to do that though much less then the far more liberal sources such as CNN and MSNBC!

Of course. You see, liberal media outlets totally "ignore" such stories. So which is worse? An outlet getting your attention or an outlet totally ignoring such a story?

Christians need to be in the know.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yes, yes. The same old cop out of the lesser evil that gets used as an excuse by folks in the church to justify the legitimacy of something. That's the essence of hypocrisy.

They ALL do it so there's no need to try to paint one as less guilty.

This seems to have become a pattern with a lot of folks in the church.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

God doesn't need the permission of courts and governments to be in the public arena. If this school system forbids any religious reference then God is not being 'mistreated.' If anyone shows evidence that references to Allah are permitted and reference to Christ prohibited then they have a case.

It appears that Allah is also 'banned.'

Is that okay?

This courageous young man knew the rules. He chose to bravely break them. But there are times, and I expect they will be increasing, when taking a stand is going to cost something.

And isn't that exactly what Jesus told us to expect?

It is time Christians, especially American Christians, stop expecting the public to be on our side. That is the real history of the church.

#25 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  6. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C4K, I take it you don't reside in America? Ireland?

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

True, but does that negate the validity of my opinion as a US citizen?

Would it be possible to address my opinions instead of my place of residence?

8. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been here in America for the past 69 years. 'nuff said.

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Could you address my post 25 before you dismiss my point of view?

10. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

So... you are more forgetful?

11. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God doesn't need the permission of courts and governments to be in the public arena. If this school system forbids any religious reference then God is not being 'mistreated.' If anyone shows evidence that references to Allah are permitted and reference to Christ prohibited than they have a case.

It appears that Allah is also 'banned.'

Is that okay?

This courageous young man knew the rules. He chose to bravely break them. But there are times, and I expect they will be increasing, when taking a stand is going to cost something.

And isn't that exactly what Jesus told us to expect?

It is time Christians, especially American Christians, stop expecting the public to be on our side. That is the real history of the church.

...allah is welcomed. Jesus is out. No, the Lord does not need governments permission to be in the public arena and for sure..., He's going to present Himself at His appointed time and start kicking butts and taking names. Just as He has done since the beginning of time. In the meantime local municipalities are going to rely upon the heavy hand of the law to force their ideals on the rest of us.

...did Paul break the rules? And what was the result? What was the result of all the other Apostles who broke the law of the land during their time?

I can only..., and here it comes again..., I can only ASSUME that your native country doesn't have a constitution such as we have but now-a-days, and under control of the liberal agenda..., it's ignored.

As I said..., allah is in..., Jesus is forbidden. Obama from Kenya supports those who pledge their souls to allah..., and he probably does himself but being where he is I'm sure he faces the East four or five times a day from inside one of his walk-in closets.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Show me where Allah is in please? When did this particular school district allow a positive mention of Allah and not God? They prohibit all references to religion.

This brave young man knew that he, like Paul and the apostles, would be punished for doing right. That is what the church should expect.

My native country is the US, I mentioned that above. I also mentioned that the young man's rights to free speech and free exercise were violated.

But God was not and can not be banned. Any student could pray to their God and talk about their God individually without fear of repercussion.

Sensationalist headlines detract from the real issues and real problems with the current state of affairs in the US. The liberals must love this kind of news story.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have a country where the AG and this current president pretty much refuse to enforce our own laws, inluding freedom of speech/religion, as they will only fight for those who have Muslim convictions, or else who tilt so hard to the left fall over!

14. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me where Allah is in please? W...

With all due respect, I simply don't feel obligated to show you anything. As you know, you can tell people but you can't tell 'em much. Quite obviously you're a liberal and that's fine with me.

In the meantime, you do a search on the efforts in Colorado and other states to incorporate Shariah Law into America. Quite frankly, it doesn't fit and will never fit.

Here's a start. http://shariahinamericancourts.com/

15. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have a country where the AG and this current president pretty much refuse to enforce our own laws, inluding freedom of speech/religion, as they will only fight for those who have Muslim convictions, or else who tilt so hard to the left fall over!

Right on, Yeshua1, right on!

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Can anyone evidence where any school district anywhere in the US has ever allowed a mention of Allah and rejected a mention of the true God in any kind of speech?

The title 'No Constitutional Right to God?' is misleading at best.

While this courageous young man had his right to free speech and his right to free exercise of religion violated God, or a constitutional right to God, was not banned.

Did anyone stop anyone from sharing their faith to their friends?
    Did anyone stop anyone from praying privately?
    Was anyone arrested for being a Christian?
    Was this brave student arrested for what he said?

No, God was there and God was glorified. The only time that the cause of Christ was hurt was by those who try to get political gain from situations like this.

And I am not sure how Shariah Law is applicable to this post - the school system forbade any reference to religion.

17. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fyi c4k

This is but one example of many throughout the country:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/02/michigan-football-prayer_n_3535414.html

This is but one of many more incidents here in the states: http://skinnyreporter.com/schoolbans.html

Not arrested, but banned from free reading of Bible! http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/24/detroit-mom-incensed-after-school-bans-sons-bible/

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...-Bible-He-s-Not-Permitted-to-Read-Those-Books

Rather absurd on your behalf, but it is not out of the question for this to be on the agenda of the ACLU and atheists who are behind these changes!

Plus, I would love to see a student, r group of students, stand up in the morning class and recite the Pledge and openly ask for a moment of silent prayer. It would not be recieved and the person or persons behind such an act would face disciplinary actions and sanctions!

You've been in Ireland way too long brother, things are not the same in the states, and they are changing faster than most would realize.

#37 righteousdude2, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
  18. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, no allah. No where, no time, no way..., except..., when no body be lookin'.

Christ not allowed in Public Schools, but Allah is

So why can Islam be taught in schools across America today but not Christianity. Why is the word "God" or "Jesus" frowned upon in our public schools, but Allah is not. The answer is that Atheists, agnostics and those who are inclined to lean left politically are either offended by Christianity in our schools or they are not offended by any other god except the Christian God. Sounds like a double standard to me!

Most detractors of Christianity would tell you, or at least try to tell you that they are teaching Islam as history. That's what I call putting the icing on the cake pretty thick. If that's the case, lets teach the Bible as history too!

http://www.examiner.com/article/christ-not-allowed-public-schools-but-allah-is

Colorado High School Replaces “God” With “Allah” In Pledge

Lopez (Principal) however has since been trying to portray himself as the victim saying he has been accused of “pushing a Muslim Brotherhood agenda – to push Islam into the school.” He denies that was behind the decision,” and even called a traitor. In all forms, he officially noted that he’s “worn down.”

http://www.mrconservative.com/2014/04/40300-colorado-high-school-replaces-god-with-allah-in-pledge/

Two Students Suspended From Public School After Refusing To Pray To Allah

Recently, a pair of young boys in Cheshire, England was suspended from school after refusing to pray to Allah. The prayer was designed to be a “practical demonstration” of how Muslims worship.

In fact, in Dearborn, Michigan, CAIR asked public schools to allow Muslim students to leave early every Friday. Of course, the superintendent complied. And similar situations are taking place all over the country.

http://theuspatriot.com/2014/05/26/...ublic-school-after-refusing-to-pray-to-allah/

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haven't read the thread, but . . .

There are no Constitutional rights, except for the right to keep and bear arms.

The Constitution is an enumeration of powers—not of rights. The definition of specific rights were left to the governments of the sovereign states, all of which acknowledge in one way or another the Christian God.

The Constitution was designed to be a shackle on the federal government. If a power wasn't expressly enumerated, the federal government didn't have it.

20. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aaron, have you considered our Declaration of Independence?

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" included in our Declaration of Independence. The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says has been given to all human beings by their Creator, and for which governments are created to protect. To protect according to our Constitution.

I hear what you're saying and it should all come together vice being sliced and diced. It has become somewhat of a standard practice in this country to utilize what's most convenient at the moment.

...just as it is with many churches and their approach to the Bible.