1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No dead babies, little children, infants in Hell?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by jdlongmire, Jul 9, 2008.

?
  1. All are elect

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. Some are elect

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Scripture is not clear on this

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. I am unsure

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. standingfirminChrist

I fail to see in that verse where the psalmist said all of God's children were to cry out for vengeance.

I do however find in the gospels where Jesus Christ Himself told us to love our enemies... to bless them.

Doesn't sound like 'cry out for vengeance' to me.

Boy you Cal's need to study more.

2. standingfirminChrist

Funny, I cannot find one solitary Scripture verse that says 'The elect alone are in the Book of Life".

Methinks you are twisting the Word of God, Rippon.

3. standingfirminChrist

Scripture nowhere states that the 144,000 are believers. Only that they are sealed servants. They are sealed for protection during the tribulation period. Sealed for a purpose.

Where is your proof text that those sealed in Revelation 7 (the 144,000) are sealed because of being believers?

When you read the Word with the preconceived notion that only the elect are saved, you won't find any of the verses that speak otherwise. When you read with your own natural understanding and are not open to the spiritual truth, you won't see the truth.

4. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I heard (while in the US Air Force) that all Marines are going to heaven because they haven't reached the age of accountability yet! :laugh:

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How does augustinian original sin fit with Ephesians?

Eph 2:1 You used to be dead because of your offenses and sins,
    Eph 2:2 in which you once lived according to the ways of this present world and according to the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit that is now active in those who are disobedient.

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:laugh: I thought all men were going to heaven for the same reason! :laugh:

Sorry guys! I couldn't resist!

You know what they say is the difference between men and boys.....just the price of their toys. :D

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

How about we combine that verse with:
    Rom 7:9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.

I do not believe we are born "dead".

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess you do not sing the grand hymn :"When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder". Or, if you do sing it -- you do not agree with it -- your singing is really fibbing.

A line from it goes :

"When his chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies, And the roll is called up yonder I'll be there."

What roll is being referenced? It's the register of the names of His elect ones. The names were written before the world began.

But your roll is composed of not only the elect ( and you don't even think all of their names are inscribed), but the names of the non-elect. Well, the non-elect are the reprobates. They will abide in everlasting misery. You have to think this one through SFiC. Do you honestly insist that those who will not be in glory nevertheless have their names in the Lamb's Book of Life? Perish the thought!

9. standingfirminChrist

When His chosen ones are called, I will be there... along with many other saved who are not of the elect.

Elect were those who were called to specific services.

John clearly shows in his epistles that not all the saved are elect when he refers to some as 'elect' and some as 'in the truth.'

#69 standingfirminChrist, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  10. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

and again I ask...

So the blessing found in Eph 1 to the chosen/elect of God do not apply to all believers?

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All Scripture Cited Is From The ESV

Election is to salvation SFiC."Specific services" is so much fluff.

Saved but not elect. That's quite the contradiction.

So you consider yourself non-elect? Ephesians 1:4,5 is not something that applies to you? You take no comfort it it?Or you reduce it demote it to calling to a special service?! Look at it again.

"even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blamless before him.In love he predestined us for adoption through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will"

Matthew 25:34;2 Thessalonians 2:13 and 2 Timothy 1:9 should be looked at also.

12. standingfirminChrist

Paul was speaking to specific people in Ephesus. He did not say to all saints all over the world, but 'to the saints which are in Ephesus".

Not everyone that is saved is elect. Get over it.

13. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

If they are not sealed believers, they must be sealed non-believing sinners that are enemy of God. If this be the case, this is nothing but pure election 101. :)

If they are believers, then you case falls apart for this is another "group you were hoping to show were NOT believers, yet were elected.

No matter what your view holds no water.

I would NEVER say they were chosen because they believe. This is a view of a free-willer.

I am a Calvinist that holds that they were chosen TO believe, just as the Bible shows us. And yes..they became believers which are the elect.

Christ does not have two brides. He chose the bride and bride come along that he was unfaithful to his chosen bride.

One church..chosen by God.

Are you saying i'm blinded to the truth as are the lost? This is not allowed on the BB.

With each idea and each verse you want to twist....like saying chosen is not the same as election....you have been shown to be wrong.

What will you try next? Is it not easier to just believe the Bible as it is?

Even the great free-will hero john wesley believed believers were the elect.

John Wesley’s Explanatory Notes..
    even the beloved free-willer Adam Clark says we are the elect.

I could go on.

14. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

oh man....

this is getting even better now.

Are you saying that Eph 1 is not to all saints, but only to that one city?

Now we have a city chosen. :BangHead:

where will this folly end?

:) :) :)

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shh! He's setting us straight because he's done the necessary study and we haven't.We need to learn from such a gifted guy like SFiC.

16. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I often joke about saving a silly quote.

I joke not on this. This thread will be saved. I have never seen such silliness in all the threads I have been a part of.

In fact I will save it right now so I will not forget.

Priceless. :type:

17. standingfirminChrist

You must be upset that Paul did not write a letter to the inhabitants of West Virginia and so, must add that in the text so you can deem yourself one of the people he was writing to.

Amazing. When will your folly end?

18. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

So you do believe that Eph is only for that one city. And Romans is only for Rome?

Forget WV...what about your town?

19. standingfirminChrist

There is application throughout all of Paul's epistles that we can take to the bank, so to speak.

For instance, the truth Paul wrote of the rapture, all Christians can embrace.

But there are specific terms and titles that were given only to certain people. The title of elect were only given to specific people of the saved... not to all the saved.

The elect lady. she was given the title. There was a service she was called into.

Why were her children not said to be elect? Why not Gaius? or the many who were said to be saved and in the truth in Romans 16. They were never said to be 'elect'.

Not all the saved were elect. Get over it.

20. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

The greating in Eph ends before the message starts. :)

Verse 3 begins the message and is to ALL believers no matter what you say.

Verse 4 is the verse you want to twist. Why? I know why. It does not fit your mode.

This is only one verse. We could go to many that would crush your view.

Like this one we will address after you admit you are wrong in Eph 1....

2 Tim 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.