1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No dead babies, little children, infants in Hell?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by jdlongmire, Jul 9, 2008.

?
  1. All are elect

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. Some are elect

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Scripture is not clear on this

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. I am unsure

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Nope, I'm with you.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Our numbers are growing. :thumbs:

3. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

You do understand that what you believe is a well-refuted heresy called Pelagianism, right?

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

jdlongmire;
    You believe that God is omnipresence don't you?
    (can be at all places at once)

You believe that God is omniscience don't you?
    (knows all things)

Do you believe that His omnipresence and his omnicience work together for Him?

In other words, Is God here now?
    Also, is God at the beginning of time now?
    Is God at the end of time now?
    Does God know when you will die now?

If you believe all these things about God, then God is here now, He sees now who believes in Christ. He also is at the beginning now. So now, while here and also in the beginning, knowing now who believes in Jesus, He knows who to predestinate doesn't He. What great mystery is that? An all knowing God, is right now, at my resurrection, also at the beginning of time. What great thing is it for God to see my long white robe in the resurrection and at the beginning of time, at the same time???

BBob,

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That is not what I believe.

How do you interpret this verse:

Rom 7:9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.

Paul is obviously talking about spiritual death, so how did he die if he was already dead?

6. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

Bro Bob -

1) God, the Father is independent of time, so this illustration is not relevant.

2) The Father gives the elect, whom he has foreknown, to Christ

The crux of the matter is how one understands "foreknown".

Foreknow as it relates to God is not like prophecy, where one speaks of future events before they happen. Foreknow in the scriptural sense is active, not passive. When God "foreknows" something, it is a decree of His sovereign will.

That is - there is not a set of circumstances that can occur that will stop a foreknown event from occurring.

God foreknows His elect. Not based on "before knowing" some future event, but divinely and sovereignly decreeing "thus shall it be". He foreknows us in eternity, so we are and shall be.

7. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

He was a "dead man walking" - he was not (and all the elect, pre-regeneration, are not) aware of his spiritual death until exposed to the Law through the Spirit.

from here

8. Cutter

Cutter New Member

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

"Any" and "all" in the verse of scripture above gives everyone that hears the gospel the opportunity to be saved. If only the elect can be saved then it would conflict with the fact that, "the Lord is... not willing that any should perish..."
    If He is not willing that any should perish, yet He has already decided who will hear and be saved takes some twisting of scripture.

9. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

Let's put this in context, please - bold are my notes:

Alot more consistent in context.

Twisting?

Psalm 95:7
    For He is our God,And we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand Today, if you would hear His voice,

John 10:3
    "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

John 10:16
    "I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.

John 10:27
    "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; (note the order, there...)

Again, context, context, context...

#109 jdlongmire, Jul 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2008
  10. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdlongmire
    You do understand that what you believe is a well-refuted heresy called Pelagianism, right?

If you don't believe that infants are born under the curse of Original Sin and justly condemned for that alone, you do.

11. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Nice try mister, but your bold type and adding to scripture does not overrule what the Word of God says. You cherry pick scripture to support calvinism when you have to take the whole of the Word of God.

12. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Thank God the calvinists cannot remove, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved," from the Word! Amen!

13. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

duplicate delete

#113 jdlongmire, Jul 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2008
  14. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

duplicate delete

#114 jdlongmire, Jul 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2008
  15. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

good grief - please...I am illuminating what is there, not adding anything - feel free to rebut using the same scripture - you can't - God is not saving the reprobate (the ungodly men) - He is saving His beloved (the elect).

16. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

Yeah, but we understand from the breadth of Scripture that only the elect will call.

17. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Oh, so you have exposed yourself! The Bible needs your illumination??? PLEASE!
    You need to repent and ask God to let the Holy Spirit open your eyes to the truth and get yourself out of the way!

God said, I AM, then along comes little ol' jdlongmire and says, I am... your funny. :laugh:

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Which is it? Are infants elect or not? You have infants being condemned and being elect at the same time.

19. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

Mocker, do you not believe that teachers can help in the illumination of the teaching of Scripture or are you autonomous?

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That's not what the Bible says.

Mat 9:13 But go and learn what [this] means: 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."*

Mar 2:17 When Jesus heard [it], He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call [the] righteous, but sinners, to repentance."*

Luk 5:32 I have not come to call [the] righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

Rom 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1Ti 1:15 This [is] a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.