1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No Doubt, He's Out (Obama loves Islam)

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Get a grip, DonnA... watch the ENTIRE video of Obama's interview where he mis-spoke and said 'my muslim faith'... just seconds before he blurted that the were speaking about muslims. Haven't you ever been looking at something with writing on it and been trying to talk while you were reading? Quite often we'll MIS-SPEAK. It's not like he was at church and mis-spoke... he was being interviewed for crying out loud... there's absolutely nothing remotely similar to the two incidents.

As for the other poster saying that Obama's not a Christian... I would point out Jimmy Carter. He's a Baptist for crying out loud and I'm convinced that he's been born again, though he continues to support abortion. Who are we to actually KNOW Obama's heart and say that he's NOT a Christian? If you say Obama's not, then I don't see how you can do anything but claim that Jimmy Carter and Al Gore are not 'truly' Christian. Like I've said in countless other posts... some people THINK differently and just because they're saved does NOT mean that they will always do and believe the right thing.

2. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Nope... not buying it, TinyTim... it was merely a slip of the tongue, not a Freudian Slip.

I'm surprised at the number of folk telling ME to come up with the proof that he's NOT a muslim, when all I'm saying is that you have no proof that he IS muslim. You're all taking a bunch of video and audio snippets totally out of context and jamming them together as your PROOF. Heck... I could go back in the logs here on the boards and cut and snip and make OldRegular (the person on this board that I respect the most) and make him appear to have said some very horrendous things.

And once again... for the record... I didn't vote for Obama and am not a fan of his at all and will NEVER vote for him, but he is our POTUS and I feel that we, as the conservative christians that we are, should be concentrating on fair fights and debate rather than bend to some of this ilk that we're seeing.

3. RAdam

RAdam New Member

I can't call anyone who supports abortion a Christian.

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "You're all taking a bunch of video and audio snippets totally out of context" and you have not supplied the context to prove your rather rash statements.:wavey:

And actually I don't think it was any of us that did the video splicing, another bold but questionable statement.

5. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Now I realize this is VERY far from the OP, but I would have to disagree entirely. Christians can be wrong, can't they? We're saved by the blood of Christ's blood, but that doesn't guarantee that we're going to always do the right thing, and I believe that includes abortion. All it takes in the wayward Christian's mind is their belief that life does not begin at conception and they'll be able to talk themselves into anything.

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

How about this:

I can't consider anyone who supports abortion to be a mature Christian. So, if they are an immature Christian, then they don't yet warrant the respect or following of a teacher or leader, and if they are too arrogant to learn, then they aren't yet humble enough to submit to the authority of the Scriptures or examine themselve and do not deserve the recognition which the title "Christian' confers upon the believer in confidence and fellowship with others of similar principal and trust.

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Freudian Slip Gets Obama in A Muslim Choke Hold???

That my dear brother, is what we call a "Freudian slip!" This is described as: a slip of the tongue that is motivated by and reveals some unconscious aspect of the mind.:wavey: "Hello!" He [Obama] has spoken his true mind.....:smilewinkgrin:

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

he said he was muslim I would think he would know, unless of course you say he's a liar. which we already knew.
    what christian have I ever seen who misspoke and said 'my muslim faith'? none.

he said so

9. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

He was talking about Muslims before he said "my Muslim faith." That's such an easy mistake to make. I could have done it and so could you.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a person was a Muslim and was running for public office and stood for limited government and the U.S. constitution, then I would vote for him versus a big government candidate - even if the big government candidate was without a doubt a Christian.

11. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Though I agree with this in THEORY, Windcatcher... I can't agree with it in practice. All of the arguements on this site are about the fact that a true CHRISTIAN would not do these things or support abortion. Being a TRUE CHRISTIAN is not an analog state... it is BINARY. You either ARE a Christian or you are NOT. You have either accepted Christ as your savior or you have not. There's no grey ground as far as I'm concerned.

I believe that true christians can unwittingly be used for evil purposes by satan and if you disagree with me, I would pose the simple question... 'If a true-christian is never used by satan, then that means that they would never sin and if that is the case we're all damned and have absolutely no hope of seeing glory.' We're saved by GRACE, yet we often-times fail to live up to that grace and sometimes SIN. What makes one sin worse than any other? In your eyes supporting abortion is a sin so vile that no true christian could ever be guilty of it... but Christ weeps at ALL of our sins, does he not? What makes the sin of supporting abortion worse than supporting some other type of sin?

Once again... don't get me wrong... I'm totally AGAINST abortion and would never support it. I am PRO-LIFE. Period. Yet I choose to understand why some people are pro-choice and don't condemn them on a personal level saying that because they are pro-choice that they're going to hell.

12. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Hello! No he hasn't! Not ALL slips of the tongue are Freudian slips! Knock, knock, knock! Anybody home!? You're sensationalizing something that was recorded a long time ago and supported with a lot of 'out-of-context' snippets.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

13. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

You're hanging ALL of your claims on a 'slip-of-the-tongue', DonnA! Here... look at this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjweYD5mXv8

Based on YOUR OWN LOGIC... I claim that George Bush Sr. is a homosexual and cannot POSSIBLY be a christian. Prove me wrong and you prove yourself wrong, DonnA.

Get a grip... you're wrong. Obama is not a muslim, just like GB is not a homosexual.

14. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

twpaige..you are fighting a battle you can't win. You can't win against those whose vision is clouded by hate.

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

No true Christian would call the Koran holy. The Koran is not holy, it is full of lies from Satan that will damn many millions of people to hell. Obama called the Koran holy many times in that video, he could have mentioned it without saying it was holy, if it was even necessary to speak of the Koran in the first place.

And bowing to the Saudi king was revealing, especially when he did not bow to the Queen.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Excellent post - thanks for finding that.

You can judge nothing by a slip of the tongue. Any one who speaks in public often enough is going to mistankingly say something that can be used against them.

17. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

He's a politician... he'll say ANYTHING to get re-elected and push through his agenda. He, along with millions of others in the world, truly believe that there is more than one path to the Lord. Of course he is mistaken, but that STILL DOES NOT PROVE that he is not a Christian. If you insist on saying that Obama is not a Christian based on this falacy, then you absolutely MUST agree that no Lutheran's or Catholics cannot possibly be saved.

I would also claim, based on your kind of logic, that Obama is merely a sexist because he bowed to the Saudi King and not the Queen of England.

For the record, I think his bowing to the King was a HUGE political gaff, but the drive-by media will readily forgive him, as will all of his loyal followers. They'll all say we're making much ado about nothing.

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

obama said so, so your actually calling your hero a liar.

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't know how claiming faith in allah can be a slip of the toungue, shouldn't the man know where he places his faith in, he said it, he made the claim!

20. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Here she goes with the "hero" stuff. Donna, if you would open your eyes you'd see that twpaige is one of the last guys on this site that would claim Obama as a hero. Of course, you are trying to make a point and you've run out of any facts, so you are going to resort to your regular irrational tactics.