1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No Doubt, He's Out (Obama loves Islam)

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Nov 13, 2009.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which country with a majority "Christian" population has limited government? With the level of taxation and government regulation the United States isn't one.

2. targus

targus New Member

You are changing the criteria...

Originally you said, "Religion has nothing to do with being for or against limited government."

Now you want to change it to "has a limited government."

Please address my response in relation to your positon as originally stated by you - not your moving target.

Christians in America would tend to be for a more limited government while Muslims would be for a government that coercively pushed belief in and adherence to Islamic law (less limited government).

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was replying to OR's question.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see no evidence that is true. That would be true only for politically conservative Christians.

5. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Fool yourself as much as you like Righteousdude, but it's not any kind of proof. You're just takings something conveniently available to support your assumption and ignoring all logic. Enjoy your time in la-la-land.

6. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Erm... Iraq? Maybe I'm not understanding your point here, OR.

7. targus

targus New Member

But that is not the question is it?

You said, "Religion has nothing to do with being for or against limited government."

Would you not agree that on the whole Christians would be more in favor of a more limited government than on the whole Muslims would be?

The evidence is that in countries where Muslims are the majority (and sometimes even where they are the minority) they desire for the government and their laws to be based on their Muslim beliefs - even to the point of coercion.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I would not agree. Most Christians are not in favor of limited government or we would have limited government in this majority Christian country today. I imagine most Muslims would be like most Christians and not favor limited government.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry to butt in, but that's just about the most fallacious argument I've seen in a while. :BangHead:

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In what way(s), brother?