1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No due process

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

C4K...I agree with you that I do not believe Obama has any regard/has disregard for our Constitution.

I believe he wants to ruin our country and bankrupt us.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

The constitution specifies what is required to convict someone of treason. It is not a presidential hit order.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Then why is it so hard to believe that he is acting umconstitutionaly in this case?

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

And that is a whole nother kettle of fish :)

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

No and no!! to the questions above

The Prez CANNOT order executions of US citizens "willy nilly"

The implication you have here Brother Roger is that the Prez can simply take any phone book of any city in any state----open it at random---point out with his index finger the person to be "snuffed out" next-----like its some sort of game or something

What would happen if the WH "indexed" YOUR name???

7. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Do you realize that the quote you attribute to Adrian Rogers is actually from a very similar quote from Charles Spurgeon in a Sermon on Epheshians 2:8-9. In fact, Spurgeon cited his grandfather as saying this quote. I do not know if he was the originator, but I know he helped popularize the quote.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The author does not know the whole law. I have several US friends who have become Irish citizens without giving up their birth citizenship.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Irrelevant. He took up arms with a foreign, hostile nation. Thats enough.

...and you keep saying Obama ordered the hit. It was a defense dept joint effort and decision.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Of course its irrelevant - I was simply responding to a post. I still have not seen evidence that he took up arms. All I have seen is his preaching and internet posting. Surely, the world is better off without this threat, but at what price? A sacrifice of a US citizens' rights and liberties?

The president is the president, he is responsible. He is responsible for ordering the execution of a US citizen without due process of law. He has made himself judge, jury, and executioner. He has no regard for the constitution. He needs to resign or be impeached and removed from office.

However, he was smart enough to know he could get away with ignoring the constitution this time because it was a decision he knew the 'right' would back.

#90 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011
  11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

And what is to stop him now that he has sacrificed the Constitution on the altar of expediency?

12. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I believe the U.S. Attorney General should have tried this man in a court of law. He does not have to be present for this trial to be legal. Once the evidence shows that this man is guilty of treason, the court could find him guilty and sentence him to death.

To me the problem is not that he was killed, it's that he was targeted.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Agreed - I think you have gone to the crux of the matter - thanks for the input. You have put in a few words what I have vainly been trying to say in a couple of dozen posts :)

14. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More input on this. It was not a one person decision, but I doubt anyone thought it was just Obama making the decision. Below is part of an article from the Washington Post.

15. baptisttom

baptisttom New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's the second best and most efficient use of firepower, next to bin Laden. Sorry, but I extend no American courtesy to one of our own who is openly at war against this country. I extend no American courtesy to one of our own who doesn't want to kill just one American but as many as their mass casualty system can kill.

Learn the word Treason and its definition, then go check out what the penalty was for Treason. I have no qualms whatsoever with any U.S. President, Democrat or Republican, carrying out this exercise.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Check out the US Constitution on treason and what a conviction requires. I don't care who a fellow citizen, if his rights can be annulled by presidential fiat so can mine.

From our constitution

There is no doubt this guy was guilty, a conviction would have been easy. That's part of what makes the president's power grab so frustrating. Looks to me like Congress sets the penalty, not the president.

#96 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 1, 2011
  17. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

We all knew that MCvey was guilty in Oklahoma, but we still gave him due process and he was still executed. Obama had two options which are all legal.

1. Attempt to capture the man and take him to court and give him due process.
    2. Ask for authorization from Congress, which is the justification used for killing Osama Bin Laden. This is a pre-meditated form of due process in which Congress can declare war or someone an enemy of the state. This relies on our system of checks and balances and would have protected the Constitution.

I would understand killing the man if we were going to arrest him and he tried killing our men. However, the order was to assassinate without due process, a violation of our Constitutional Rights and an impeachable offense.

#97 Ruiz, Oct 1, 2011
  18. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

No doubt about Al-Awlaki being a bad guy, but there is a correct way to do the job. Not to protect him, but to defend the Constitution and the rights of all Americans.

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

My question is, how do we know he is really dead?

This makes the fifth time Anwar al-Aulaqi has been reported killed.

For in depth news and information on this CLICK HERE. And HERE.

We stopped being a nation of laws 9/12/01. Shortly there after we started assuming people were guilty until proven innocent and that only "Americans" have rights under the constitution. We started to believe that torturing people is okay. First we used a kinder sounding euphemism to describe it so as to sooth our conscience and claimed that we don't torture over and over and over.

Now it's accepted. This is the new worldview as Americans never believed this stuff before.

You're just stuck in an old paradigm Roger. Maybe it's time to upgrade your world view a bit. It's easy just repeat after me.

Anything goes, the end justifies the means.

Keep repeating this until you actually believe it. If you have trouble just turn on the TV and watch several hours of mainstream corporate programing a day this will act as a positive reinforcement.

Before you know it that old world view will be a thing of the past and you won't even miss it!

Okay once more . . .

Anything goes, the end justifies the means.

Oh and nevermind that there is no "end". Just keep repeating it.

#99 poncho, Oct 1, 2011
  20. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

That is really a moot point. The order is the order and if he is dead they violated the Constitution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.