1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No Fear of God before their Eyes !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, May 16, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

I did not say you did. However what I am saying is that Limited Atonement is inclusive in the Gospel 1 Cor 15:3-4 !

Now how can one believe the Gospel and reject Limited Atonement ? Limited Atonement specifically informs us who Christ died for ! It is impossible to preach 1 Cor 15:3-4 without proclaiming Limited Atonement !

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have broken this issue down to baby steps and yet you are incapable of understanding the problem I presented you.

1. Find where Jesus spelled out Limited atonement in his presentation of the gospel to the woman at the well so she understood it.

2. Find where Jesus spelled out Limited atonement in his presentation to the rich young ruler so he understood it.

3. Find where Jesus spelled out perseverance of the saints or limited atonement in his gospel presentation so that Nicodemus understood it.

Did Jesus preach the gospel in all three cases????

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Its no way around it, you do not believe Limited Atonement is part of the Gospel, then you preach a False Gospel ! 1 Cor 15:3

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You are a very arrogant and dishonest individual. You could not answer my challenges because those challenges demonstrated your intepretations were absurd and rediculous.

You are arrogant because you think you can sit upon God's throne of Judgement and pronounce judgment upon others and that is simply arrogance in its most vivid and replete expression.

You are dishonest because you pretend to be discussing the issues when in fact EVERY SINGLE TIME you are exposed and proven to be wrong you simply run back to your disproven false interpretations and then claim you have answered all the objections which is an outright lie!

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

Insults are not helping your case ! 1 Cor 15:3-4 proves that without a shadow of doubt that Particular Atonement is the Gospel. Who did Paul mean when He said to the Corinthians, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures ? Who would have been ": Our Sins " ?

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Natural man's inability !

1 Cor 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The natural man's understanding is joined inseparably with his mind and heart, the seat of affection, which also cannot be separate from the volition of the will. Scripture points out to us that the natural mind cannot discern spiritual realties, but many really do not believe this is true 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The Truths from the Spirit of God cannot be accepted by the natural man, this includes the Gospel, which is spiritual ! Yet many in false religion today teach that man has the freewill to choose and to submit to God and the things of God. In essence the false teachers and their deluded followers believe that man's natural heart can and does make spiritual choices with spiritual ability, that the natural heart of man does indeed discern spiritual things and that is does have the ability to submit to and please God, all the things that scripture indicates that the natural heart cannot do spiritually, the freewillers in pride and opposition say the natural heart of man can do !

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God

The type of ground, typifying the heart, the good ground was the only that Jesus said the word [gospel] landed upon, and it understandteth it Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Understand with the heart Jn 12:40

He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

This is vitally important and speaks to the need of the New Heart before Faith in the Gospel, because the Natural man, he that is only born of the flesh, born of a woman, cannot and does not understand the things of the kingdom of God, which the Gospel is Matt 24:14.

This we know from such scriptures as Rom 1:31

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

This word phrase understanding darkened darkened in the greek is in the perfect tense and passive voice, in other words this does not change at all unless man is brought into another condition, namely new birth ! Because until then, we remain alienated from the life of God!

So in all this we discover why the natural man has no understanding by nature of God and spiritual matters, because again , by nature we are void of Life to God ! So consequently, the heart or ground in Matt 13:23 that received the word of the Kingdom, must be a Heart with the Life of God in it, which speaks of New Birth, Regeneration or having been born of God ! Unless this [New Birth] has occurred, 1 Cor 2:14 remains True of us all ! If we deny this , we are showing ourselves wiser than God and what has been written in the sacred volume !

8. mandym

mandym New Member

Your insults are vast and not from above. Your doctrine is false and from your father who is of this world.

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Post # 27 is there waiting on you !

10. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

The key words here are according to scripture. The sign of Jonah? How many believe?

#30 Chowmah, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  11. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

The US is full of people who go to church on a sunday and have a form of godliness but...do they fear the Lord?

DEUT. 4 [10] Specially the day that thou stoodest before the Lord thy God in Horeb, when the Lord said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, THAT THEY MAY LEARN TO FEAR ME all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children. [11] And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness. [12] And the Lord spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice. [13] And he declared unto you his covenant, which HE COMMANDED YOU TO PERFORM, EVEN TEN COMMANDMENTS; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Read the 4th

12. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

First, The Fourth commandment cannot possibly be interpeted to a more restrictive view than God's own application of the fourth commandment!

God applies the fourth commandment not merely to a "day" but to months, years, milliniums. He applies it to other days besides the seventh day "of the week." Hence, the proper exegesis of the fourth commandment will harmonize with its applications by God.

Hence, the proper interpretation of the fourth commandment must be consistent with God's own application of it.

Second, The "seventh" day application under Moses is in regard to the "OLD" covenant and to the sin cursed creation. God's ultimate application of the fourth commandment is in regard to another day, one in seven, that commemorates the "NEW" covenant and a NEW heaven and earth - the first day of the week.

13. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Not sure i understand what you say. God applies the sabbath to not merely to days but to months, years? Scripture please

14. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Have you not read of the Seventh Year Sabbath? The 50th year Sabbath or the First Year of the Sabbath week of years? Have you not read Leviticus 23-25?

Have you not read Jeremiah and God's reason for sending Israel into 70 years of captivity, each year for 70 Sabbath YEARS they violated?

15. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Sure ive read about all those sabbaths

DEUT. 4 . 13] And he declared unto you his covenant, which HE COMMANDED YOU TO PERFORM, EVEN TEN COMMANDMENTS; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Did you not know...have you not read

The 4th commandment is about the weekly sabbath

16. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

I thinketh you hence to much

17. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

These 2 scriptureas are related

MATTHEW 15 [8] This people draweth nigh unto me with THEIR MOUTH, and honoureth me with THEIR LIPS; but THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME. [9] But in vain they do worship me, TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN.

Lets go to Isaiah 29 and learn more of these people who worship Jesus in vain

ISAIAH 29 [13] Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but HAVE REMOVED THEIR HEART FAR FROM ME, AND THEIR FEAR TOWARD ME IS TAUGHT BY THE PRECEPT OF MEN:

And its speaking of one of the commandments {Matt.15v9} and how they that fear not the Lord and are keeping at least one of the commandments that were changed by man (the precept of man)...not God

18. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

LUKE 12 [4] And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. [5] But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, FEAR HIM.

DEUT. 6 [1] Now THESE ARE THE COMMANDMENTS, the statutes, and the judgments, which the Lord your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it: [2] THAT THOU MIGHTEST FEAR THE LORD THY GOD, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.

PSALM 111 [10] The FEAR OF THE LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding HAVE ALL THEY THAT DO HIS COMMANDMENTS: his praise endureth for ever.

PROVERBS 1 [7] THE FEAR OF THE LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. [8] My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and FORSAKE NOT THE LAW of thy mother:[9] For they shall be an ornament of GRACE unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.

Heres a great scripture Biblicist. Forsake not the law. Fear the Lord, get wisdom and receive His grace.

ISAIAH 51 [5] My righteousness is near; MY SALVATION IS GONE FORTH, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust. [6] Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but MY SALVATION SHALL BE FOR EVER, and my righteousness shall not be abolished. [7] Hearken unto me, YE THAT KNOW RIGHTEOUSNESS, THE PEOPLE IN WHOSE HEART IS MY LAW; FEAR YE NOT THE REPROACH OF MEN, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

Salvation? Being saved. The law. The 10 commandments. Hmmm… Jesus is the same today, yesterday, and forever.

19. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

if you can't deal with the very basics then why should we proceed? If the 4th commandment is only about a weekly Sabbath then you better straighten God out for applying it far broader.

The truth is, the fourth commandment is merely a moral principle about harmony with God illustrated by the creational pattern of six working days followed by a seventh period of rest. That same principle can be applied to any particular day of the week (seventh, first, tenth) or any period of time division (day, month, year, millenniums) and the Jewish application is restricted to this creation and the Old Covenant only.

20. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

If this commandment is not about the weekly sabbath please point out where in this scripture you find this. Sure does look and read as if its about the 7th day of the week