1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No New Mosques Allowed

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I think that we could argue that the particular form of Christianity practiced during that period of time made it easy for Muslim influence. I also think that it is our secularism not our Christianity that will prove to be our Achilles heel today.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think this is brilliant Rev...

What do we do if we find extremism in our area? Do we have an 800# to report them (which would be a number where ever turban wearing citizen would get reported) or do we just call the local authority?

I too don't like extremism in this country to include the sleeper cells that we know exist. I know the Gospel is able to conquer all evil but I worry about the citizens not covered by the blood of Christ.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Isn't this one of the reason's we left the King's rule? We wanted freedom of religion?

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Palatka51

I know what you are implying. However, there have always been dissenters who kept the true faith.

I agree with your statement on secularism. That is why I can say: "Now in the 20th and 21th Century Europe has sat passively by while being over run by Muslims. Don't think it can't happen here."

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Democrats have been tearing down America since FDR and Eleanor:thumbs: !

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Report it to the FBI, report it to the news stations, call your congressman and Senators. Make it obvious to extremists you know about them. They work under the cover of obscurity. Remove the vale.

7. tenor

tenor New Member

So you are advocating "An eye for an eye."

Do you believe we should treat people the way they treat us?

I left that feeling on the playground a long time ago.

8. billwald

billwald New Member

The good Christians supported the sacking of Constantinople (sp?) by a Crusade because it was economic threat to Florence and other Italian ports. Didn't matter that it was full of Christians. This war against Christians contributed to the military success of Islam.

9. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I have been very critical of some of comments you have made here. However, I want to say, very emphatically, that I agree with you here. And, I can give an example. I volunteer for our local Habitat for Humanity affiliate. Many of our recent prospective homeowners are Muslim. We do a good job of getting to know them and their friends and families while we are working together to build their new houses. Also, my church, along with an Episcopal church and a synagogue in the neighborhood, sponsored a Habitat house for a Kurdish Muslim family. It was an interesting experience to see some of the Jewish women telling the Kurdish wife to let them know when her baby arrived so they could visit and bring gifts to the baby. There are other ways to do what you have suggested, Rev, but this is one. I hope others will suggest some other ways.

Tim Reynolds