1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No one deserved to be saved. Let's try this again.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by SovereignGrace, Apr 17, 2016.

1. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother mwc posted this...

Now I will answer it in portions...

Why He chose anyone is only known to Him. He did not choose anyone based upon His foreknowledge(as you define it that is). He did not look down through time and see who would believe and elected accordingly. He knew none would seek, none would choose, none would love, none would love Him. That is why He has to first born the sinner of love, so that He can overcome their hatred of Him. That is what regeneration does. It turns the unregenerate's hatred to love, their unbelief to belief, their condemnation to justification, &c.

Uh, no. If He elects based upon foreknowing those who would believe, then that is election based upon them doing something....IOW...merit. Merit is not grace.

No one has avoided anything. We have answered every question you've asked, IIRC. You then ask them again!?!?! What did He know about me beforehand? He knew I was conceived dead in Adam. He knew I had nothing to redeem myself with. He knew I hated Him. He knew, left to my ownself, I'd never choose Him, yet He chose me. Wowzers!

He chose me based on nothing of myself, as I was worthless, and deserved nothing but hell. He knew I had no faith to believe in His Son. He knew my sins were placed upin His Son. He knew His Son redeemed me. He knew His Son's blood cleansed me from my sins. He knew my salvation(really it's His salvation) was depended on nothing other than His Son. 100% God 0% me.

Glory!! Hallelujah! Sola Deo Gloria!!

2. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psalm 111:9a, "He has sent redemption to His people."