1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

no pastor list

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by bapmom, Nov 15, 2005.

1. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Awhile back there was a thread somewhere on how hard it is to find a place of service. I couldn't find it anymore, so I figure it must have gone on to the great land of "old threads".

My husband found this site online.....a rather large list of Independent Baptist churches in the States looking for a pastor.

I thought perhaps this would be a good place to provide this link in case anyone else out there is looking for a place of service.

http://www.baptistinfo.com/States/nopastor.shtml

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I took a look at this page. I think it is more of a request page in which Baptist Info is asking these churches to update their listing and include their pastor's name, rather than a list of churches looking for pastors.

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

IT is not hard in the least to find a place of service. What is sometimes hard is finding a place of service where someone else has done the hardwork of ministry in getting it started. I get so tired of hearing about pastors who "can't find a church." There are millions of people in this country living all across it that form a "place of service."

If you can't find a church, move to one of hte major metropolitan areas, get a job, and start serving.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Absolutely!! The problem is not finding a place of service. It is all around us. The harvest is plentiful. If a man has no passion he will never see a place of service even when it is right in front of him.

I think most who have passion find there is not enough hours in a day nor enough energy to accomplish the task in front of them.

5. Repent62

Repent62 New Member

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them...Matthew 18:6

It shouldn't be hard to find THAT church! :D

Repent! [​IMG]

6. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Theologically, the gathering of two or three is not a church per se. A church is much more than that.

7. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

8. David Singleton

David Singleton New Member

Im amazed when people say they are searching for Gods Calling, or they are searching for a place of service. It befuddles me when I hear people say "Thats not my ministry" The fact is, some days I am called to be the bus driver, some days the Pastor, some days the floor mopper and so on... Service is service, if it is in your heart to serve, than serve, it is all our ministry and our calling. some days a cook, somedays a bottle washer, When we surrender our lives to Him and dedicate ourselves to His service, than service is service, parts is parts, and I cant help but feel that more people sould get about the business of service to Him insted of wondering which service was theirs. If you dont have a place to Preach, pick a street corner! If your looking for your calling, get busy in the meantime by doing what needs to get done! Clean the restrooms, volunteer to sit in the nursery, mow the church lawn, knock on doors, just get busy

9. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Come over to NYC and help us" </font>[/QUOTE]Or come to San Francisco. Good churches here are hurting for mature Christians. Don't expect to be on the paid staff. But, many of our people are new Christians who are growing in the Lord.

10. BrianH

BrianH Guest

When you have time, some scriptures on that please.

11. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Acts 2 would be a good place to start. There you have the apostles teaching, fellowship, prayer, communion, baptism, meeting together, etc.

12. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member