1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No pleasure in the death of the wicked

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Jordan Kurecki, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If God does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked, and if God has complete ability to irresistibly regenerate people at will; Why does anyone go to the second death?

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jordan Kurecki

There is no "if".God declares that he does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked:thumbsup:

Again there is no if...He does....

35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

God in His holy and infinite wisdom has determined to save a multitude in His Son. He has looked at mankind as fallen and deserving of hell, utterly helpless and hopeless .
    He has an eternal plan....a Covenant that He has in His perfect wisdom been carrying out and making known to the church.

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8 Unto me, who am less than the least
    of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
    10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

13 Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

having already sinned in Adam...mankind is fallen,alienated from the life of God and condemned.
    God has commanded all men everywhere to repent.

Those who are not found in Christ....we go to hell eternally for their sins...which they will still commit in hell.....

God is going to save everyone He can wisely save.In fact He has already accomplished redemption for them. It was a completed work when the Father welcomed the sacrifice of His Holy Son.
    It was not a potential death...but actual and efficacious.:wavey:

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I desire all sorts of things, but lack the desire to obtain them at the cost of violating other desirable things like honesty, integrity, lovingkindness, justice and so forth. God desires all men be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth, but He does not desire to bring that outcome about by compulsion. His desire is to have people repent from their worldly ways and turn to God autonomously. And He enlists every saved believer in that ministry as ambassadors of Christ.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely!!

And as well, if God just destined everyone to Heaven, then the cross et al would have been totally unnecessary and nothing more than a PR stunt - and I certainly hope no one is even hinting at that scenario.