1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Noah and the afternoon

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all believe in the universal flood. (if you don't, you are not allowed to answer this post:laugh: )

After the flood, how did the animals re-populate the earth? Specifically, how did they get to the Americas? Was there still a land bridge between Alaska and Russia ( or did Gov Palin veto it:laugh: )

How about the kangaroos in Australia, did God simply create them after the flood?

This is a serious discussion (in spite of my lame jokes - according to Mrs Salty:tonofbricks:)

This was brought up in our prayer meeting this Thursday.

Thanks for your help fellow BB's
    -----------------------

Oops, the title should have read: "Noah and the aftermath"

#1 Salty, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm not sure where I got this information :), but after the flood when the people should have been filling the whole earth and were instead all gathered together and began to build the tower of Babel, God confused their language and scattered them over the whole earth. Sometime after this, the continents shifted and separated and made it impossible for the people to come together in one group as they had done previously. This would account for the different races and animals that are indigenous to certain areas.

PS. I liked your jokes.

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would anyone assume that Kangaroo's weren't in the garden with Adam in the beginning?
    MB

4. mparkerfd20

mparkerfd20 Member

So were the dinosaurs I'd have to assume. The herbavours anyway.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Genesis 10:25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

Chronologically chapter ten comes after chapter eleven. The different languages are already described in chapter ten. In the days of Peleg...was the earth divided. This was after the tower of Babel and the confusion of tongues. It appears that the division of continents happened at this point.

6. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One of the interesting things about Australian wildlife that I have noticed since coming here is that there are no large natural land predators. There are tons in the water in terms of crocs and sharks. But if you are a land herbivore like the kangaroo, you are pretty safe from any predators other than those pesky humans with their kangaroo bars.

What kills you here are the little creatures. The most poisonous spiders, scorpions and snakes all live in Australia for some reason.

So you won't get mauled by any bears but careful where you step.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    One can see from evidences of glaciation (when glaciers move, the plow rocks, leave marks, etc) that moved from Australia, across Antartica and into southern Africa. Conclusion? At one point, in the generations after the Flood when glaciers covered the continents, all of these were in one land mass.

Continental separation (not drift, which implies sloooooooow movement) then moved these (and split N/S America from EurAsia/Africa) on their present course.

Ecological isolation occured in each region, especially in say Australia or the Galapagas. While a few weird marsupials might have been virtually everywhere on earth, most quickly died off. Others thrived (like a kangaroo) in the isolation.

On another note, DNA testing show the Indians of all of the Americas came from roots in NE Asia, so the ice/land bridging of the continents and quick (away from the glaciation) movement southward is a given. What was a "theory" in my schools days has been DNA certified today.

8. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hi mparkerfd20

MB said..........
    Then you responded........
    I am of the belief, that all the animals were “herbivorous”, until after the flood.

After all Noah had lived without eating meat, before the flood.
    (Therefore I could imagine, that a T-Rex, could have been healthy?)

9. mparkerfd20

mparkerfd20 Member

Me too. I've actually read a lot of information about T-Rex's in particular. You'd think you'd find wear and tear on a meat eater's teeth especially if they are crushing through bone, but you don't on skeletal remains. Also their teeth are very loose and would fall out, yet most all remains have all teeth. Interesting to think about anyway.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm firmly convinced two animals...the woodpecker and the termites...stayed with the boat.

:D :D

11. skypair

skypair Active Member

This would be my take on the issue -- the continents are still "drifting."

Plus, if ice covered most of that region you spoke of, 2 things appear to flow naturally from that: 1) the sublimation (solid-to-gas exchange as with dry ice) around the edges would cause the rest to by covered by vapor and 2) a reorientation of the poles (say by meteor strike) would cause the ice to melt and flood the earth. But this is just all hypothetical, mind you.

skypair

12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read somewhere that some of the claimed meat eaters actually ate veggitables as well. What really cracked me up was a film clip I watched on my computer of a deer eating birds on some Island because the grass didn't have what it needed to survive.
    Just goes to show you, scientist don't know. they guess. Then act like it's true.:laugh:
    MB