1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NOBLE ARMY OF "HERETICS"

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by 7-Kids, Feb 8, 2004.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The phrase "dodging the point" simply addresses the numbered points listed in my previous post on this topic and the obvious fact that there has been no numbered - detailed - direct response to those points - in the entire thread.

If on the other hand you can read the thread and then claim you find one actually addressing each of the points - simply identify the post.

It should be easy.

In Christ,

Bob

2. 7-Kids

7-Kids New Member

Who went and read the book on line?

I ordered my self a copy and one to hand out.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well they didn't call it "the dark ages" for nothing. And look who "was in charge". The Golden age for the RCC - was the dark night for the world.

In Christ,

Bob

4. 7-Kids

7-Kids New Member

5. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

I have read it and have talked with brother Johnson years ago.

He is a good man.

6. frozencell

frozencell Guest

The implication of this is that transubstantiation was not believed until 1215—that it was, indeed, an invention. The facts are otherwise. Transubstantiation is the technical term used to describe what happens when the bread and wine used at Mass are turned into Christ’s actual body and blood. The belief that this occurs has been held from the earliest times. It stems from the sixth chapter of John’s Gospel, the eleventh chapter of 1 Corinthians, and the biblical accounts of the Last Supper. As centuries passed, theologians exercised their reason on the belief to understand more completely how such a thing could happen and what its happening would imply. It was seen that more precise terminology was needed to insure the belief’s integrity. The word "transubstantiation" was finally chosen because it eliminated certain unorthodox interpretations of the doctrine, and the term was formally defined at the Fourth Lateran Council in 1215. So the use of the technical term was new, but not the doctrine.

That should clear that up pretty nicely.