1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Non-Alcoholic Wine?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by rjprince, Dec 14, 2004.

?
  1. No, all Bible wine is alcoholic. That is what wine is!

100.0%
  2. Yes, sometimes the Bible uses the word "wine" to refer to beverage that is not fermented.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ariel makes alcoholic wines also.

HankD

2. LRL71

LRL71 New Member

Phillip,

Thanks for the info about Flexaril. I don't think that my wife takes it, as she uses a couple of different drugs to relax her muscles. Even tonight, she had muscle spasms in her back and she is resting after taking a muscle relaxer (I am not sure of the name). I am currently at work, and when I get home in the morning, she will be a little 'fruit loopy'.

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

She probably takes Soma which is the typical muscle relaxer most often prescribed. It makes my wife very sleepy and sometimes fruit loopy.

Although Flexaril really worked for her, she could not stand being so dragged out from taking it. The topical form actually works (I've tried it too.).

I've tried both kinds too because I have a bad back, but do NOT like the dragged out feeling, but sometimes it is the only way to get relief.

Flexaril is an old drug, but mixing with a salve to absorb in the skin is very new.

Just something to try. We will be praying for her health.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ariel (J. Lohr Vineyards) Brut Cuvée, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Rouge

Robinvale (Australia)Premier Muscat and Sparkling Lambrusco

Sutter (California) White Zinfandel, Sparkling Brut and Chardonnay

Of course, you can get Cold Duck or Burgundy for about $3 a bottle in many grocery stores, but it tastes like glorified soda pop. In de-alcoholized wine, you truly do get what you pay for.

5. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

What's the process in making non-alcoholic wine.

How do they get the alcohol out?

I like things as simple as possible and as natural as possible.

Thanks.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've read that it's called the "cold water osmosis process". Don't know exactly what that means but it might be the process of the ion exchange water softener. The alcohol is not cooked out of the wine which destroys much of the other natural substances in the wine as well as its earthy flavors.

Alcohol is indeed a "natural" substance produced in most sugary liquid substances without doing anything to it.

My Italian grandmother used to say "God makes wine, men make whiskey".

HankD

7. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Flexeril gets used alot still today. Definitely causes sleepiness. I don't like Soma because it's REALLY fruit-loopy and fosters dependence.