1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured None can come but those "given" - Jn. 6:36-40

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by The Biblicist, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

However, the son in the parable is NOT AN INFANT but a full grown man who can ask for his legal inheritance! Thus according to Winman's logic, there is no need to be born into God's family as an adult because they already are children of God, just in sin and need to be reconciled as His children to their father.

If this is what he believes, then mercy oh mercy!

However, we are leaving the subject of the OP and it is obvious why Winman is attempting to derail the OP because he has yet responded to the problems I have placed before Arminians to answer! Thus none have dared to given any direct answers to the explicit stated problems.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Baloney, the animal that God killed in the garden to cover Adam and Eve did not sin, yet he died.

Children die as a consequence of Adam's sin, not because they have sinned. Paul clearly shows babies have not sinned in the womb, but millions of babies die in the womb every year.

Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth; )

You can't simply ignore scripture that is inconvenient to your personal doctrine. If all men sinned in Adam's loins in the garden as Biblicist believes, then Paul was wrong to say Jacob and Esau had done no evil. In Biblicist's view, both Jacob and Esau ate the forbidden fruit in the garden with Adam, and Paul would be mistaken here.

No, Paul said Jacob and Esau had done no evil in their mother's womb, they had not sinned "in Adam".

Likewise, Paul said he was spiritually alive until he learned the commandments. When he learned the law he was convicted as a sinner and spiritually died.

Paul was absolutely NOT a Calvinist.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do yuo have any children, if so, have you ever had one go wayward, and still loved them, accepted them, but know that they will end up in a bad way, forceing them to 'do as they would will?"

Don'r you think Paul lamented over his own people the jews, willing to go to hell for them if that would save them, yet also knowing only a remant would be saved by grace of God?

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

That was a type of Christ being slain "for our sins" and the prototype that Abel followed - "the lamb of God slain FROM the foundation of the world."

Thus, the death of the animal is directly related to sin and death of that animal is the consequence of sin because "by one man sin entered into the world and DEATH BY SIN."

Again, we are departing from the OP which has nothing to do with this subject injected by Winman.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

I only have eight children, how many do you have?

And of course I love them, but this has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

If God only died for a few select persons, why should Paul lament over the non elect? This makes Paul MORE loving than God, but it also sets Paul in opposition to God's will.

Of course, once you realize that Calvinism is total bunk, and that God desires all persons to be saved, then you realize Paul's will was the same as our heavenly Father's will, and that God is just as loving as Paul was.

Calvinism is absolutely nonsensical, you must throw your brain in the trash to believe it's false doctrines.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Oh yeah, Brother winman has seven kids, if I am remembering correctly. He and his wife were "fertile myrtles". They probably could have been like the Duggars and had 19 kids if she hadn't stopped. LOL.

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Convicted! and Winman,

If you want to discuss children, death and sin please open another thread for that. It is against the rules of BB to intentionally derail any thread and that is what you are doing.

Thank you.

8. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

These questions remain unanswered by our Arminian opponents and these questions deal directly with the subject of this OP.

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The animals killed...God made them coats of skin...was post fall. If we, born after Adam, and he had never sinned, we would have been born in the same "upright" state he was in. But when he fell, we fell, too. Now we are born at enmity and it takes Christ to change that state we're into.

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

No kidding?

Nevertheless, an innocent animal that did not sin died because of sin. Likewise, children who have not sinned die as a consequence of sin.

The animal of course represents sinless Christ who died to pay our sin debt.

You simply do not like when I refute your false teachings, which is very EASY to do with scripture.

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Again, please get back on track with the OP. The issues are stated above and yet we have no Arminian willing to directly and objectively address any of these nine issues.

12. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You are not even dealing with the subject of this OP. If you want to refute my teachings then open up your own thread on this subject and I will be happy to accomodate you. It is against the rules of the BB to derail this thread or any thread and that is what you and convicted are both doing. I have now asked both of you to kindly stop doing this and open up your own thread. Next I will ask the moderator to address this violation. I don't want to do that so please open up your own threads.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

Biblicist loves to pull a single verse out of the scriptures and isolate it to attempt to prove false doctrine. He objects whenever anyone introduces other scripture that easily refutes his false views.

He is no different from John Calvin himself who would punish anyone who opposed him and disagreed with him. Like father, like son.

14. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I have kindly asked you now several times to stop derailing my thread with a topic that is totally unrelated to this OP. I have reported this to the Moderator and will allow him to take whatever actions he deems right.

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

And I answered you that I will introduce any scripture that I believe refutes your false views.

You can do whatever you wish. You show that you fear opposition.

16. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

If I feared opposition, then why did I volunteer to respond to any argument you wish to speak about as long as you open your own thread?

It would seem that I am simply asking you to honor the rules of the BB and not intentionally derail the OP by opening another subject that has nothing to do with the subject of this OP.

Again, I kindly ask you to please open your own thread to discuss this new topic and I will be more than happy to respond to you on that thread, but please stop derailing this thread.

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

No on can/will come w/o first being drawn. Neither faction denies this. However, the rub is that our side states they will come, whereas the other side states that drawing doesn't actually mean they will come.

I was going to tie into this thread what Brother winman and I were debating, but someone apparently wants to play dictator.

Cool your jets, Brother and continue quoting yourself like you repeatedly do. I am done with this thread. Carry on!! :thumbsup:

18. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    At 10 pages and 96 posts, I'm closing this thread before it turns into an inferno. And yes, please do start a new thread if your comments would tend to diverge significantly from the OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.