1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

nontraditional student scholarships

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by IanM, Feb 16, 2004.

1. IanM

IanM New Member

Okay my Baptist Brothers and Sisters I have a question. Is anybody aware of any scholarships available for nontraditional students? At 41, GOD has called m to the Pastoral Ministry. Due to family committments I am unable to attend a traditional(residential) program. I have found a distance program but would be in need of a scholarship. My local church is small and unable to provide support. Any ideas would be appreciated. [​IMG]

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Since you're affliated with the SBC your state convention and local association probably have assistance programs. Also, is this for undergrad or graduate/seminary education. That has some bearing on the matter too.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would give Southern Seminary a call and ask them if they have an extension campus in or near Nashville. It was my experience that some of the best professors taught at the extension campuses.

Also you may elect to pastor another church nearer the seminary. Or you might tell the church leadership that you wouild like to further your education. Many pastors have had their education paid for by churches and generous members.

I think I would tell your church leadership first before you do anything else. When I went to attend seminary I left with 2000 dollars from my home town. Some even came from non-believers my wife worked with. Some came from the church we attended.

4. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

You could also try federal student aid if you qualify. I know you can get that at the distance program run by Bethel Seminary (Baptist General Conference).