1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Norm Geisler on Caner

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Paul33, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I rest my case.

2. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Geisler is exonerating and supporting Caner.

Geisler is defending the indefensible.

Dr. Bob is correct in pointing out that Geisler should be rebuking Caner.

This thread merely documents the support and defense of Caner by Geisler, which calls into question his own credibility and integrity.

I wondered how Caner could preach his falsehoods for so long without being called on the carpet for it. Well, if Ankerberg and Geisler are any indication of the support Caner is receiving, then no wonder he felt free to preach his false testimony. Even after the facts are in, his supporters claim that he has been completely exonerated and that his testimony is completely true.

It seems to me that the internet is the only avenue left to keep public figures accountable.

Geisler and Ankerberg owe Christendom an apology for supporting an unrepentant, chronic, intentionally deceptive apologist.

3. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oh the hypocrisy.

Recognize these statements "Rev."?

Make no mistake about it. This is nothing but nasty backbiting because of a debate they once had. And now our reformed brothers on this site are willing to carry on these unfounded and not credible allegations most likely because of Caners view on reformed theology as well.

I assure you these allegations are not about finding out the truth.

This is a personal attack and the motivation is revenge.

NO Whit is driven by Caner's position on reformed theology and nothing more

All these statments made by YOU against White and Ascol and all those you quetion Caner. Tell us again about judging MOTIVES and CHARACTER. Is your first name Ergun by any chance?

4. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

5. RevGKG

RevGKG Member

To me the real sad part of all of this is those who are not even closely involved refusing to let go. Many are out for blood and will not be satisfied until they get it.

If you do not like what happened, then stop supporting (Liberty, Caner, Geisler, Ankerberg, Towns, Falwell, the list could go on) those you blame for not, in your opinion, doing enough.

Move on. It has now entered the area of gossip. If you do not like what others are saying (Geisler, Ankerburg) then stop reading what they have to say.

Satan has succeeded in turning to many away from spreading the gospel to dwell on this matter. :BangHead:

6. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

I''m sure it will eventually get swept under the rug and Reverends like yourself will be happy. Caner will continue making his rounds in the SBC circles telling us all the evils of Islam and "sand******" entertaining 1000's of gullible Baptists.

Meanwhile Muslims and everyone else outside Liberty and the SBC will watch in amazement at the utter hypocrisy of Southern Baptist who decry the moral decay of the country while at the same time parading around a man who sees no problem in attaching his lies to the Gospel. Forgive some of us poor Calvinist who think this is a big problem and give us some of that Grace you have given to Caner.

So go ahead and drop the subject and go on like nothing happened but thank God there are still some who think integrity from the Christian classroom and pulpit still matters: http://www.aomin.org/aoblog/index.php?itemid=4023

7. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Was Geisler letting go?

Was Ankerberg letting go?

It is not gossip to talk about what Geisler wrote.

Finally, I do not sense a desire for blood from those who are posting asking for repentance and integrity. I do see an unrelenting push by some to exonerate, cover up, and confuse the issue. The "let it go and move on" defense is now in full swing. No wonder our churches are so anemic.

8. RevGKG

RevGKG Member

This has nothing to do with sweeping things under the carpet. It has to do with those who are not a part of the decision making process feeling slighted and the only way to make yourself feel good is to spread gossip.:BangHead:

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is not good according to the reasonable worldly wisdom among too many churches today. Whop would ever care about godly wisddom and scripture. That is just far too good to be found among those claim to "believe the Bible".

10. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/julyweb-only/36-51.0.html

Norman L. Geisler, distinguished professor of apologetics at Veritas Evangelical Seminary in Murrieta, California, says the investigation's outcome vindicates Caner. "They exonerated him on everything except some misstatements on nothing that was crucial," Geisler told CT on Wednesday. "No moral or doctrinal charges were established; no culpability was proven."

Geisler blames Muslims for inspiring the probe and "extreme Calvinists" for "shoving him under the bus." Geisler believes Liberty made a mistake in letting Caner go as president because it implies guilt. "People who know Ergun know he is a man of honesty, integrity, and Christian commitment," Geisler says. "The charges that he intentionally lied and embellished are totally unfounded."

11. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Veritas means truth.

Does anyone find it ironic that Geisler is stating that the "charges that [Caner] intentionally lied and embellished are totally unfounded."

So much for the truth.

I would like to hear Geisler's definitions for "intentional" and "embellished."

12. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well I'm pretty happy to know that I can always turn to this board with confidence whenever the need for a Board of Grand Inquisitors is needed.

As a side note, thanks again to the pajamahadeen for showing up and contributing meaningful points to this clearly significant eternal issue.

13. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why do the moderators and administrators continue to let posts, that seem to be less concern and more hate, be posted on this board???

14. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Because you can't get saved until you repent.

If Caner has not sinned, then he cannot repent, because there is nothing to repent of.

But Geisler claiming that Caner has not sinned makes himself out to be a liar.

Caner lied.

Now Geisler is lying about Caner having lied.

Their inability to confess their sins and to instead claim that they have not sinned results in them making Jesus "out to be a liar and his word has no place in [their] lives" (1 John 1:10).

THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF, despite what Toppass thinks.

15. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I find in scripture that we are to act with wisdom toward outsiders. A pastor is to be above reproach.

16. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Despite what 33 thinks I think, I believe, I have accurately described some if not most of the posts that have been made concerning this issue on this board.

There is even a member who has not posted anything in almost 6 months and out of 75 posts within the last 6 weeks 73 (if not all 75) have been connected to Caner or LU.
    I begin to wonder if maybe there is underlying personal reason for this.

17. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it interesting that some christians are really good at putting out red herrings. On the floor of the Southern Baptist Convention and now here, some just can't stay focused on what is important. Why be outraged at those who are simply pointing out what Caner has done? Why not be outraged at a man who has stood behind the pulpit of church after church after church and lied about his background? Why not be outraged about a man who has sinned in such an open and defiant way?

18. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

I have to smile at this post. You think the issue shouldn't be discussed anymore and can't understand why the moderators allow the threads on Caner. But you have time to research and question the motives of posters who are documenting the Ergun Caner story. Very funny.

Let me ask you a few questions.

Do you think Geisler's statement is correct?
    Do you think Geisler did the right thing in making his statement?
    Do you think Geisler is letting this story go?
    Is it ok for Geisler to make statements, but not for others to analyze his statements?
    Does covering up sin bother you?
    Does integrity among our Christian public speakers matter to you?

19. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Excellent post!!!!

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So gossiping is now called "documenting".