1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

North Carolina @ Duke

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by mets65, Feb 9, 2011.

1. mets65

mets65 New Member

Some consider it the best rivalry in sports, it's certainly top 5. So who ya got tonight? The Heels have been playing much better since benching Larry Drew, who subsequently quit the team last week. UNC is ranked 21st and Duke is 5th. Also the game is in Durham wherer Carolina lost by 32 last year.

I'm a diehard Carolina fan, I get sick when they lose, but I think Duke will probably win tonight.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Sports Illustrated (2 years ago, I think) said it was no longer even the best rivalry in college basketball, that it had been replaced by Tennessee/Memphis and was even underneath Cincinnati/Xavier since the schools are much closer.

That said, it's still a huge game, and I like Duke to sweep the series.

3. mets65

mets65 New Member

It is by far the biggest rivalry in college basketball. The schools are 8 miles apart. CU and Xavier are 4 miles apart. To even bring up Tennessee and Memphis is laughable.