1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Norton Internet Security 2004

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by ralb, May 10, 2004.

1. ralb

ralb New Member

I just upgraded from NIS 2003 to NIS 2004. I am now unable to access all or part of some websites that I had no trouble with before. One example is that I seem to be unable to participate in the polls on Baptist Board. My former home page (Excite) now denies me access....says my browser is configured to disable cookies and Javascript. I have looked on Internet Tools and on my NIS configuration and can not locate the problem. I have also searched Symantec's knowledge base and have not been able to find the steps to solve this. I did find some suggested "solutions" but they didn't work.

I also had to uninstall and reinstall the product as something was causing my CPU usage to remain at 100% all the time. Uninstall and reinstall seemed to solve that problem.

I did have some problems with Javascript links prior to upgrading but not as extensively as I am now and I hadn't really considered that Norton was the culprit there until now.

Any help? Thank you.

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had the same sort of problems recently. It was discssed in the thread: Norton and Outlook Express

Maybe that thread will help you. Eventually everything returned to normal after may repeated installs and re-installs. :mad:

Rob

3. ralb

ralb New Member

Thanks (I think) :( I thought these things were supposed to make my life easier, more carefree.....I spent about 10 hours on it Saturday.